WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So my cousin鈥檚 fianc茅 is an awesome dude. He鈥檚 also a fire captain. Maybe 5 to 10 years ago he got one of these

He genuinely loves this watch. He wears it every day with the feeling of wearing a trophy on his wrist.

Here鈥檚 the thing. I got my Mudmaster last week and he kinda drooled a bit. He was loving the the features, in particular the solar charging and the time syncing. He seems very receptive to an upgrade, but it MUST be red.

I鈥檝e been looking over my options, and red G-Shocks don鈥檛 come cheap! I found a beautiful special edition red Rangeman. It was definitely more than I wanted to spend though. I have a 25% off coupon for Macy鈥檚 and I could buy him a new red frogman for $25 more. I still kind of considered it but it also has negative display. I probably am pretty happy about not shelling out that kind of money. So after searching I found a company that鈥檚 selling the Rangeman for $220 or $230. After thinking about it I was confident I could make it work, but that would be more $$$, but definitely still doable. I went back just now and decided to see what else they had. I found this and clicked immediately.

So, now to turn it red. I feel good about the dial. There鈥檚 red highlights on it. I would like to change the case if that鈥檚 somehow possible. I am sure I can do up the straps. The cheap-ass open box price leaves me some great strap options if I can鈥檛 find a place for replacement cases and straps. Heck, maybe his current straps fit directly onto the Rangeman? He may even prefer the aftermarkets though. I ordered some bad-ass looking paracord straps, I hope I get them soon. Anyway he would definitely be down for fire engine red with black border straps. I鈥檝e been investigating this for a while now. He has no idea.

I鈥檓 just hoping no scratches. I couldn鈥檛 give someone a damaged gift for Christmas. There鈥檚 a window for return so that鈥檚 not the problem. The problem will be that I want to keep it!

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas, or places to go please let me know.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
since this thread is about Rangeman, I am outta here !!!
Hey, you鈥檙e preaching to the choir there buddy. I鈥檓 an analog lovin鈥, Mudmaster wearin鈥 dude. Blasphemy to some I know, but I am not an animal! I am a human being! Actually I think the watch is pretty bad ass. Still have no desire to wear another watch but a Rangeman is definitely on the list.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
You can use a GW-9400FSD-4 bezel and strap, but they aren't cheap at PacParts.

I wish I could like this a thousand times! This is perfect! He鈥檒l freakin love it! Some of the stuff may take a month to ship which may throw a wrench in his gift by Christmas, but unless there is an alternative place that has it in stock it will still be worth the wait.
I have a couple questions. Will I need everything on the list such as the back cover?

Thank you so much!

Registered
I wish I could like this a thousand times! This is perfect! He鈥檒l freakin love it! Some of the stuff may take a month to ship which may throw a wrench in his gift by Christmas, but unless there is an alternative place that has it in stock it will still be worth the wait.
I have a couple questions. Will I need everything on the list such as the back cover?

Thank you so much!
All you really need is the bezel and the strap. I noticed someone is selling the pair on eBay for $147.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Bought the same watch for my son. He loves it. Uses the tide graph to plan fishing trips. Fantastic watch for the price.
He鈥檒l be pretty psyched. We all live in south Florida and he鈥檚 from California. At least once a week he goes to check out the tides.

Registered
To remove the bezel on the GW-9400, first remove the strap/bezel screws, remove the strap, then remove the bezel from the back of sensor side (not the sensor button side). Warming up the bezel a little can help make it more flexible. Just putting the watch in the sun for a little while should be sufficient. The sensor cover may fall out. Don't lose it.

You'll have to push the metal studs (that look like screws) out from the inside of the old bezel and push them into the new bezel.

To install, just reverse the process, making sure the sensor cover is in place.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts