WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
A bunch of folks on the Omega forums were complaining about the older Speedy's seahorse engraved caseback engraving pinching their arm hairs. Apparently the engraving was too thick or raised? I have confirmed that Omega has subdued the engravings on the newer model which should solve this issue for those with thicker arm hair.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm thrilled they slimmed down the bracelet, but I wonder how many people will feel it's too dainty now. I bought an 1171 for mine and it changed the entire feel of the watch, but I have small wrists. I'm also not completely sold on the bracelet design yet. The center like seems too small in the pictures, but I'd like to see it person. That said, I'm very pleased with the way they updated this.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Congratulations and wear in good health. Thanks for the side by side comparison as well. Super helpful information, especially for those that don't want to venture out in person to see.

Reactions: jkpa

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Huge congrats...that's a real beauty..thank you for sharing the pictures and your views ...I just would like to ask about the size of the crown...how much bigger is the new crown, or is the change very little ? Is the crown also protruding out of the case longer or is it only increased in diameter ? I ask because I found winding slightly difficult on the 3570 and wished the crown were easier to grip...thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I'm thrilled they slimmed down the bracelet, but I wonder how many people will feel it's too dainty now. I bought an 1171 for mine and it changed the entire feel of the watch, but I have small wrists. I'm also not completely sold on the bracelet design yet. The center like seems too small in the pictures, but I'd like to see it person. That said, I'm very pleased with the way they updated this.
It feels like a vintage piece. Yes it might be too small for people but they really slimed it down and you know Omegas watches are too thick. It's a nice change for their main watch.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've been wishing for years for omega to design a new bracelet for the Speedmaster and they totally delivered it, female endlinks, small links, vintage tapper, new clasp design, and they even created two finishes for it. It's really the bracelet the Speedmaster deserved to have

Some people will complain about the lack of push-adjustments on the clasp but IMO they usually make the clasp more bulky, and anyway with the small-link design it shouldn't be difficult to have a perfect sizing

I wonder if the new bracelet will fit the older case

·
Registered
491 Posts
Nice spin on getting less for your money I guess, personally I would rather have the extras I’ve used the loupe , spring bar tool and extra nato multiple times
Agreed. Considering an Omega nato sells for $160, and this is the ultimate strap monster watch, I think it should have been included.

·
Registered
491 Posts
1861 vs 3861 case and lug differences:

These are great pics. Thanks!
His would you describe the case and lug differences?
The first and second pictures look like the 3861 is wider and less rounded.
I assumed that with the bracelet change the new one would feel better /different without the male end links-how do wear differently?
Hope you’re enjoying!

·
Registered
189 Posts
question to the OP, how did you manage to fit a ed white bracelet on the 1861 professional? I thought the ed white was 19mm

is that the same bracelet that comes with the new 321 model?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Lovely, congratulations on the acquisition.
And thanks for the side by side pics of the sapphire v hesalite - I think the hesalite looks better. warmer, simpler somehow. wear it in good health.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Different opinion here, I think the new bracelet taper too much. A 15 mm width at the clasp, for a 42 mm watch is just too narrow.

Everything else are superb, especially the lug to lug seems shorter than before (the old one has 48 mm L to L, the new one looks like 46 mm), which, coupled with shorter endlink, should give greater comfort.

This is very tempting. But not enough to make me parted with my Apollo XI 45th anniversary, the first and only Moonwatch fully encased in titanium grade 2.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts