WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
I’m certainly disappointed that there are no extras included now.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Huge congrats...that's a real beauty..thank you for sharing the pictures and your views ...I just would like to ask about the size of the crown...how much bigger is the new crown, or is the change very little ? Is the crown also protruding out of the case longer or is it only increased in diameter ? I ask because I found winding slightly difficult on the 3570 and wished the crown were easier to grip...thanks in advance
The crown sticks out a bit more in the 3861 to make the winding easier. The diameter is identical in my opinion so only the protrusion is different. One of the first things I tested when I had both in my hands.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
question to the OP, how did you manage to fit a ed white bracelet on the 1861 professional? I thought the ed white was 19mm

is that the same bracelet that comes with the new 321 model?
The bracelet is from the anniversary Speedy. The end links did fit, but not perfectly, so I used the end links from The Uncle Seiko Speedmaster flat link bracelet in order to create the perfect fit. I tried the Forstner end links as well since they were solid versus hollow, but the fitment was terrible.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
These are great pics. Thanks!
His would you describe the case and lug differences?
The first and second pictures look like the 3861 is wider and less rounded.
I assumed that with the bracelet change the new one would feel better /different without the male end links-how do wear differently?
Hope you’re enjoying!
The case overall feels about the same. Even though it's slimmer, I really cannot feel the height difference. And even though the lugs are shaped much different now (taller and stubbier), it's also not something I can really notice unless doing a side by side comparison.

The new bracelet is superior to the 1861 stock bracelet, but still not as comfortable as the Ed White flat link bracelet. The edges are a bit sharper and the links feel bumpy due to their rounded shape versus a nice flat wrap around your wrist of the Ed White.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Congrats on your new Speedy and thanks for sharing the detailed pics. Didn't realize the difference in the minute track on the new model and the sub-dial step-down definitely gives the dial more depth. Enjoy!

·
Registered
10,678 Posts
I actually think that's pretty crappy of the boutique. No offense to you, but I'd be pissed if I found out the watch on which I had a deposit was allowed to be tried on by any yahoo who walked into the store.
Totally agree. If you look at some of the pictures, especially number 7, the watches are touching each other. I wouldn't be surprised if this resulted in the watches getting marked!
I'd be properly annoyed if one of those 'new' watches was mine awaiting my collection!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Congrats!

How does the pusher action compare to the 1861? And does the chrono seconds hand still do the classic «Speedy jump» when you start it?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Congrats!

How does the pusher action compare to the 1861? And does the chrono seconds hand still do the classic «Speedy jump» when you start it?
Pushers feel the same. It's the clicks of the winding that feels a bit more defined. I haven't noticed the jump at all yet!

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
Did you get to see the nylon strap option? If so, is it buckle or deployment? Any comments on the quality of it?

The bracelet isn't winning me over, but I do like the dial. Still, Silver Snoopy will be my second speedy I think, if my OB ever gets one in to look at.

·
Premium Member
7,383 Posts
Loving the stepped dial.....not enuf to move on from my (now) vintage 2020 Hes model, but sure looks nice.....

·
Registered
689 Posts
I actually think that's pretty crappy of the boutique. No offense to you, but I'd be pissed if I found out the watch on which I had a deposit was allowed to be tried on by any yahoo who walked into the store.
No, no, they let people try on the other guy's watch that already had a deposit on it, not yours. Yours has never been worn. Promise.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Mostly Speedies
2,659 Posts
Congrats on the new acquisition! In the Hodinkee review pics it almost looks like the markers are beige/aged. Does not appear so from your photos.

I am in line for a 321. This one is actually really beautiful but I think I will still go for the 321 if and when it is available to see and purchase.

Insta: @officine_scrivano

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Amazing. did not know they are immediately available. Guess I'll have to make a call to my AD to see if I can pick one up myself. Between the new bracelet and stepped dial - I am 100% ok with the increase in MSRP.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts