WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very nice photos.

Completely disappointed that they don't include the loupe, the astronaut NATO and the medallion, those were really cool.

Though I must say the travel case is more practical. Still it loses some of it's cool factor that made the watch unique.

But yeah the Speedmaster is beautiful and I will definitely be buying one in the future.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Congrats! I've been contemplating for a while, the new speedy looks great. Just wondering how if it would be too big on my 6.5 inch wrist. I may have to go to the Boutique and try it on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey guys. Just thought I would share some shots of the new 2021 Speedy I picked up today at the Chicago Omega boutique. I currently own a 005 Hesalite I purchased back in November for about $1K below MSRP thinking I might as well get a deal on one before it was discontinued. I never expected I would like the new upgraded model enough to pay MSRP AND Chicago sales tax!

After viewing enough photos online this week of the new Hesalite and sapphire versions of the watch, I knew it was worth seeing in person. I called the Omega boutique in downtown Chicago where I live this afternoon and luckily they mentioned they had just received both versions in stock yesterday. However, the sapphire models all had deposits on them and only hesalites were available for immediate sale. They did say it was fine for me to see both and try them on before their new owners came to pick them up.

Here is the sapphire and Hesalite side-by-side

The biggest surprise for me outside of the fact that the new bracelet tapers even more than my Ed White bracelet does, is how much better the new stepped dial looks than the current one. It adds a level of dimension creating a visually striking appearance, and the font on the dial is just bolder and stands out so much more.

My current speedy next to the new one

The new Speedy on my wrist

What was also cool was how much smaller the new box is compared to the discontinued model:

There is no more loupe, paper weight, astronaut strap, etc. Stuff you will never use anyways which I like a lot.

Hidden in this box is a watch holder that turns into a mini-portable watch case.

It took me about 20 minutes of checking out the new watch to decide that I wanted to buy it. We pay 10% tax in here in Chicago so the total was shy of $7K. Discounting really wasn't an option with the watch being brand new, but I didn't feel like waiting a while to let stock build up to get one.

Overall, I think this watch is awesome. I already own a few Rolexes and have really felt like the excessive Rolex hype has made things a bit stale so I do enjoy this ability to have better access to inventory and also really enjoy the details that went into this new model. The new dial is also darker than the older Speedy. The photos online may not make it seem like it, but once you see them in person it is very apparent.

My one and only gripe with the watch is that if the perfect fit on your wrist is on the outer microadjustment, there is a tapered notch in the last link of the back side of the clasp:

They should have made this uniform in width to properly blend with the bracelet, especially only giving us 2 micro adjustments.

In summary, I would definitely recommend this new watch to anyone looking to buy it. The style difference between the hesalite and sapphire were not drastic enough for me to consider the sapphire outside of the applied Omega logo which I really like. I hope this thread helps you guys make up your mind on the watch. See it in person if you can as the pictures will never do it justice.
Great pics

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hey guys. Just thought I would share some shots of the new 2021 Speedy I picked up today at the Chicago Omega boutique. I currently own a 005 Hesalite I purchased back in November for about $1K below MSRP thinking I might as well get a deal on one before it was discontinued. I never expected I would like the new upgraded model enough to pay MSRP AND Chicago sales tax!

After viewing enough photos online this week of the new Hesalite and sapphire versions of the watch, I knew it was worth seeing in person. I called the Omega boutique in downtown Chicago where I live this afternoon and luckily they mentioned they had just received both versions in stock yesterday. However, the sapphire models all had deposits on them and only hesalites were available for immediate sale. They did say it was fine for me to see both and try them on before their new owners came to pick them up.

Here is the sapphire and Hesalite side-by-side

The biggest surprise for me outside of the fact that the new bracelet tapers even more than my Ed White bracelet does, is how much better the new stepped dial looks than the current one. It adds a level of dimension creating a visually striking appearance, and the font on the dial is just bolder and stands out so much more.

My current speedy next to the new one

The new Speedy on my wrist

What was also cool was how much smaller the new box is compared to the discontinued model:

There is no more loupe, paper weight, astronaut strap, etc. Stuff you will never use anyways which I like a lot.

Hidden in this box is a watch holder that turns into a mini-portable watch case.

It took me about 20 minutes of checking out the new watch to decide that I wanted to buy it. We pay 10% tax in here in Chicago so the total was shy of $7K. Discounting really wasn't an option with the watch being brand new, but I didn't feel like waiting a while to let stock build up to get one.

Overall, I think this watch is awesome. I already own a few Rolexes and have really felt like the excessive Rolex hype has made things a bit stale so I do enjoy this ability to have better access to inventory and also really enjoy the details that went into this new model. The new dial is also darker than the older Speedy. The photos online may not make it seem like it, but once you see them in person it is very apparent.

My one and only gripe with the watch is that if the perfect fit on your wrist is on the outer microadjustment, there is a tapered notch in the last link of the back side of the clasp:

They should have made this uniform in width to properly blend with the bracelet, especially only giving us 2 micro adjustments.

In summary, I would definitely recommend this new watch to anyone looking to buy it. The style difference between the hesalite and sapphire were not drastic enough for me to consider the sapphire outside of the applied Omega logo which I really like. I hope this thread helps you guys make up your mind on the watch. See it in person if you can as the pictures will never do it justice.
Congrats!

61 - 66 of 66 Posts