WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi !

Just want to run this trough the crowd for suggestions.

I was fiddeling with my belowed SKX031 and tried to "hack it", did not quite succeed. Anyway the next time i pick it up to wear it and adjust time. I was not able to adjust the time and date. When i turn the crown nothing happens, if i try to turn it with a slight angel it migth start to adjust the time.

Is it possible to fix this without opening the watch ? Is it easist remided by replacing the whole movement with a new one ? I will probably have to sent it to one of the known Seiko modders here, any one now the price for the a job like that ?

The cost of labour locally is very high so that is not an option.

Kind regards

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Maybe, but it sounds to me as if you may have broken or bent some teeth in the mechanism. I'm mostly into Russian/Soviet era watches and the guess is that you may just have that little issue.....then again, a few taps against the palm of your hand might 'reset' the thing and get it back right. Looking inside would be the only sure way of diagnosis, though.

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
It's possible that your crown/stem is broken (the stem may rotate freely, instead of turning with the crown). If that's the case, it's probably a coincidence, (I've seen it happen before).

The reason I say it might, is because you say that you can sort of set the time when the crown is at an angle. Remove the stem and see if it still engages the crown tightly, when turned.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi !

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try to test the suggestions over the weekend. Staying at GF place for the moment, have the watch at my place, not sure when I get the change to collect it.

Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts