WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
8,090 Posts

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Sorry OP. You purchased a watch with a mere 100m WR. Now you have to suffer the consequences. Go in that water.

Reactions: vmgotit

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
At least it looks like a dive watch, maybe you should pretend you are in the water

·
Premium Member
9,659 Posts
Unless there is something wrong with the seals, he could dive with it. Max depth for recreational SCUBA is 30-40 meters. The watch might not be compliant with the ISO dive standard in some ways, or Seiko might not want to spend the $$ meeting every aspect of the standard for a Seiko 5, but water resistance to 100 meters meets the ISO 6425 minimum.
I kinda figure the OP wasn't being serious. So, I was playing off with the thread title — hence the start of my sentence with "Contrary to urban myths". I guess one should be more cautious when using dry humour with dive watches.

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
I'm certain that, at the very least, you can wade up to your thighs without major damage to your watch, but don't blame me if a high wave causes shrinkage or sand in your crotch. Above all, don't try to get rid of the sand with your watch hand because the sand might scratch your case.

Seriously though, I've swum and snorkeled with my 100m Milgaus for years with no ill effect.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Don't be confused by all the sarcasm: a watch rated to 100m will easily survive immersion in water to 2 or 3 feet for brief periods of time. I wouldn't spill a milkshake over it, or hit it with a mallet, but that's beside the point.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
32 posts and no? :

"seiko is overpriced junk that my microbrand / copy brand beats silly"

Or

"so sad/lame/stupid that it doesn't have a screw-down crown and incredibly outdated movement that I have to shake to wind like my skx"

Or

"[qc comment]"

Or

"[insert omega/tudor] class act/brand recognition"

😱🤔. Something's amiss...

·
Registered
291 Posts
100m should be good for light use in water. I was with a guy who wore an Explorer II in the pool and swimming and it is rated 100m. I went diving with two different watches rated 150m back in the day

·
Premium Member
9,659 Posts
100m qualifies for an ISO certified diver, so yes you can.
Refer to my explanation in the thread below. BTW, the new Seiko 5 Sports watches are not ISO-rated diver watches like their predecessor, they are more accurately referred to as dive-inspired watches. Seiko 5 Sports Review-The New SKX? - WatchReport.com

I kinda figure the OP wasn't being serious. So, I was playing off with the thread title — hence the start of my sentence with "Contrary to urban myths". I guess one should be more cautious when using dry humour with dive watches.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts