WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have another i can not identify i came across its a roubier caseback has numbers 18036 swiss made any info i would love its a swiss quartz movt

Attachments

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I'd hazard a guess it's one of those 1980's pieces with an ETA movement inside, Can't help with Roubier though, enjoy it and wear it after all that's what it was made for.

Matt

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I doubt it's got a high grade ETA movement as most Swiss Movt watches had cheaper swiss movemens.

I have actually never come across a non Swiss made watch with a ETA movement so it would be nice to be proven wrong so pop it open and give us a peek. :)

There are modern fakes with ETA movement but I don't touch newer watches.

But lets clear things up. Does it say "Swiss made" or just "Swiss made movement"?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Can anyone help me identify the model of this watch, maybe movement too?
It was bought in 1985. if that's of any help. uploadfromtaptalk1408316647164.jpg

Has an Oyster style bracelet.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Thanks Shum, is it any good? It works, I can set the date, and it winds, but when I try to adjust the time, the hands don't want to move.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,028 Posts
Practically all ETA movements are good. Generic, boring - but good. ETA had the edge over the other generic makers insofar as they also made in house movements for Eterna and therefore had experience in both departments. In my experience, their movements are the most durable Swiss generic calibres there are.

Structurally, I can find little difference between the ETA 2789 and the ETA 2836 so I tend to think of the former as being a precursor to the latter.

Hartmut Richter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts