WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

What should I buy with my last money

• Buy the T-Shirt, you've got enough G-Shock's and this shirt is limited time available.

Votes: 24 39.3%
  • Go for the GLX-5600, that red rock's. Who needs a shirt.

Votes: 37 60.7%
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a little money left on my bank account. I love T-Shirts and I love G-Shock's. After the Eric Haze Stussy I bought last week, I thought it was time for a new KIKS TYO shirt. But also I saw that great GLX-5600 in red.

I misssed this great shirt recently:

But now I saw this one:

Shall I go for it or should I go for this:

I'm with my hands in my hair (figure of speech). Please help me out...

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
544 Posts
T-Shirts tend to decay much more quickly than a G-Shock, so i believe that its a better idea to get the watch...except if the T-Shirt costs under 30 euros...

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
If it were me I'd buy the watch, but for you I think the t-shirt. The watches might be around longer than the t-shirts.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
always the watch. its always cool to wear a red watch while shirtless.

plus, wearing shirt is overrated. it will get ruined overtime after few washes in the washing machine and a couple cycle in the dryer.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
hi sjors,

I would say go for the watch, but if you go for a shirt, pick the first one, because the second is a bit too much pink if you ask me...:-d

I have a similar dilemma but watch related only: should I buy a protrek PAW-1300 or the upcoming riseman GW-9200? getting both is not an option I'm afraid, so what would you pick?

regards, holger

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
T-Shirts tend to decay much more quickly than a G-Shock, so i believe that its a better idea to get the watch...except if the T-Shirt costs under 30 euros...
I think the shirt would be between €40 and €45 shipped, the watch will cost just a little more.

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
I'd say T-Shirt. It's limited, no second editions; once it's gone, it's gone. The G-Lide will be there waiting for when you can buy it. The T-shirt won't. :-!

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi sjors,

I would say go for the watch, but if you go for a shirt, pick the first one, because the second is a bit too much pink if you ask me...:-d

I have a similar dilemma but watch related only: should I buy a protrek PAW-1300 or the upcoming riseman GW-9200? getting both is not an option I'm afraid, so what would you pick?
Hi Holger,

That purple shirt does not come in my sie anymore. I have contacted the head office, but still got no answer. It means mostly it is sold out already, and the back is so great:-:)-:)-(

About the PAW-1300 vs GW-9200... I seriously can't make a choice. I never use the compass function, since I have good eyes and a pretty good feel for directions, so for me those two watches have the same features (I use the barometer and altimeter function most on these watches). I sw a guy wearing a PAW-1300 yesterday. It has a real good appearence. I can't tell about the GW-9200 yet. It is obvious smaller and probably has a look between the G-9000 Mudman and the DW-6500 Skyforce. maybe your dilemma is bigger than mine (asking on a G-Shock forum to choose between a G-Shock and something that even isn't a clock:-d).

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
544 Posts
There are no really limited t-shirts...I mean that almost any t-shirt can be limited if you write something on it or you make a nice unique stamp on it. It hasn't got to be Stussy or any other brand..Brands steal our money...I persist on buying the watch.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
i voted for g-shock.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Go for the watch. Everything is limited, even Ford Mondeos ;-)
That you're already own about 400 G's isn't an argument for not buying some more and G's are more exclusive: everyone owns T's, but not everone has a G.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
If the shirt is a limited edition then I'd probably let go of the G for now and get it a little later when more funds are ready..|> Pretty sure, the new 5600 would still be around by then.. the shirt? Nope.:-!

Same thoughts as Vintage actually.:-!;-)

·
Registered
544 Posts
If the shirt is a limited edition then I'd probably let go of the G for now and get it a little later when more funds are ready..|> Pretty sure, the new 5600 would still be around by then.. the shirt? Nope.:-!

Same thoughts as Vintage actually.:-!;-)

And what will you do after some weeks when you or your wife / girl accidentally boil the shirt in the washing machine? The colour will be faded and the special edition t-shirt will be like almost all the other t-shirts...

·
7,481 Posts
I voted for the watch, you'll end up getting the shirt and saying to yourself....darnit I should had gotten the watch :think:

As far as the Riseman vs the PAW1300 dillemma.....do you prefer thin or thick? How important is the compass to you? As I stated with Sjors getting the shirt wishing for the watch....would you be looking at the Riseman wishing you went for the 1300 as it would be nice to have that handy compass? :-s

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
And what will you do after some weeks when you or your wife / girl accidentally boil the shirt in the washing machine? The colour will be faded and the special edition t-shirt will be like almost all the other t-shirts...

I'd try to avoid boiling one in the washing machine in the first place!:-d And as a shirt fan myself, I do everything I can to make sure my shirts stay safe. I baby them if needed.:-d:-d
But as you said, if it does happen...I think I'd still live with it.;-) Faded lim ed.? still ok..;-) as long as it doesnt have a 100 holes in it!:-d

Well, to each his own. My 2 cents..

Get the shirt Sjors!!:-d:-d:-d|>

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
@ doug,

well, a build in compass is certainly a nice thing to have, but on the other hand I find a good old analog compass way more reliable and easy to use (try to orient a map with a compass watch and you know what I mean....)

besides I always have one of those little key compasses with me, its nothing fancy, but good enough to show the eight main directions. I'm also not sure how a protrek/pathfinder can handle the magnetic declination/inclination, something that is very easy to adjust with a good analog compass.

usually I prefer thicker, bulkier watches, one of the reasons that has kept me off the PAW1300 to date. well, when I summerize all this I think I tend to get a riseman, but in the end its of course also a matter of money. I won't be willing to spend more than 15% more for the riseman than for the protrek, because it just wouldn't make any sense, to pay more for a watch which actually has one function less. so I guess I still have to wait for a while and see how street prices are going and then I will decide.

regards, holger

p.s. sorry for hijacking your thread sjors, if you feel this is inappropriate, just delete.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts