WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been online watch searching for about a month now and have narrowed down what I want to either two styles... Aviator/aviation vs. Marine. I like the bold/solid manly look of the aviation ones and the simple and classly look of the marine ones (Kemmner Marine, Stowa Marine, etc...). Below are a couple pictured for reference (that I am considering). My budget is 200-300 but I would consider going as high as 500 (Ch.Ward below is $550). Do you know any other watches I could look at in these styles and price range?

Ps: For aviation, I don't like the Flieger style so don't bother suggesting that. I am looking for something with a leather strap (preferably black), would consider a nice-looking rubber strap. Prefer automatic/mechanical but am open to quartz. I seem to like the Swiss/German watches more but am open to other ones.

Thanks!

Aviation:

What is Torgoen's reputation as a watch?

Marine:

·
Registered
944 Posts
I'd get the Stowa... beautiful watch - I had to sell mine which I regret but I didn't have a choice at the time. Definitely Stowa!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i probably would but the stowa is a bit out of my price range. do you know anything about Torgoens? are they reputable/good quality?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Check out the Steinhart Marine Chronometer. You can also look at the Laco line, which has some marine styles. If you are in the US, both can be purchased from Gnomon watches website.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
i probably would but the stowa is a bit out of my price range. do you know anything about Torgoens? are they reputable/good quality?
I got the Torgoen T10205 last Christmas. It has since then become my favorite. Very well made, high quality finish, and IMO great looks. The brand doesn't seem to get much love here for some reason. Maybe (probably) because of the quartz movement.

Love the T16 you posted. If I ever got a chrono, that would be the one!

Best to you

EDIT: if you decide on the Torgoen, your best price will be at digitalgiftstore.com. They won't show up in a Google search, but they are a Torgoen AD and offer discount rebates on every Torgoen. The T16101 is $290 after rebate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts