WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a lightly used 5000T. I would like to buy an Isofrane strap for it, but I can't get the bracelet off. They have screws and they are TIGHT!!! I don't want to strip out the screws. Also, when I get them off can I just use regular spring bars?

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
They usually have lock-tite keeping them screwed tight. Google how to deal with it or take it to a reputable jeweler and spend $15-20 and have it done right so the watch isn't damaged.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They usually have lock-tite keeping them screwed tight. Google how to deal with it or take it to a reputable jeweler and spend $15-20 and have it done right so the watch isn't damaged.
That's what I was thinking. I love the bracelet, but it's fun to switch it up a little. I'll probably hit up my local watch maker. Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
Worth noting with the 5000T and that proprietary screw bar set up you wont be able to use conventional spring bars, the machining of the case is will be quite a bit different. You'll either need to recover the screw pins if they don't get trashed during removal or get a hold of another pair.

Sorry to hear about that by the way, I know how frustrating it is. I have a 5000T and those screw pins tend to be pretty tight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts