WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I fell in love with Stowa about a year or so ago and picked up a flieger. Once I received the watch, I didn't think I could pull off the 40mm size (too small for my 8 inch wrist). I sold the watch and was kicking myself ever since. Well, I just picked up another and even though it's a bit small for my wrist, I still love the simplicity and quality of the watch. Pilot watches are everywhere, but NO ONE comes close to the quality of a Stowa! I love the blued stainless steel hands:

However I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for slightly larger airman ;)

EDIT: one more close up of the blued hands:

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I had the opposite problem I had two Stowas and although they fit I always thought they wore just a bit larger then I like. But I can't help but stay away , and you are right there is nothing better in the price range..the quality is amazing and your photos make me want my Stowa Flieger back!

Reactions: Renisin

·
Registered
7,344 Posts
Nebulight, how are you feeling about the watch a week later? I have a 7.5" wrist and I think the 40mm will look fine (close to pulling the trigger), but just wanted your opinion. My father is 6'9" 325 lbs (like an NFL offensive tackle) and he's been wearing a 38mm Rolex GMT Master for 30 years or so. Suits him well. I don't like following trends much anyway (larger watches on wrists), althou I do wish all the smaller guys would stop driving the prices up on larger cased watches in the secondary market :)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nebulight, how are you feeling about the watch a week later? I have a 7.5" wrist and I think the 40mm will look fine (close to pulling the trigger), but just wanted your opinion. My father is 6'9" 325 lbs (like an NFL offensive tackle) and he's been wearing a 38mm Rolex GMT Master for 30 years or so. Suits him well. I don't like following trends much anyway (larger watches on wrists), althou I do wish all the smaller guys would stop driving the prices up on larger cased watches in the secondary market :)
I couldn't be happier. I wore the watch all week. I have one 47mm Panerai and put it on last night and it looked ridiculous. At first it feels small if you are used to wearing larger watches, but you'll eventually come around. As I said before, nothing comes close to touching this watch for the price.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I am slightly larger than you, a little under 7.75 and I think my Icarus, and Flieger look just about perfect.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Will you guys please give it up with the "it looks too small for my wrist". I have a 8.25 inch wrist and wear watches from a 33mm diameter vintage gold IWC to a 42 mm Omega PO and I think they all look good. Don't worry about the size, just wear the watches you like and enjoy them.

PS excellent choice in the flieger by the way and seeing the above photos has convinced me its about time I acquired one.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Will you guys please give it up with the "it looks too small for my wrist". I have a 8.25 inch wrist and wear watches from a 33mm diameter vintage gold IWC to a 42 mm Omega PO and I think they all look good. Don't worry about the size, just wear the watches you like and enjoy them.

PS excellent choice in the flieger by the way and seeing the above photos has convinced me its about time I acquired one.
+1

That's the way, we all should choose watches to wear:
"....just wear the watches you like...."
Here are some examples of size I wear: From 55 mm down to 33 mm

Volker ;-)

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Here's a distance shot of mine on my 7 1/2" wrist so you can see.

(sorry for the weird angle I was trying to be discrete at a restaurant)

I wear from 40-44 so far bit have strapped on some 34 mil specs and they look fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,344 Posts
Part of the appeal of a watch and if an individual likes a watch or not is how it looks and feels to them on their wrist. That's all there is to it really. Some people only like watches in certain sizes for themselves, but to each their own.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Hi Saxon007: I guess you ordered the handwind version this time.
I am getting a handwinder B dial and a top grade of the A dial. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts