WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll probably get blasted for this, but that's what I live for around here..., it seems.

I have thought about a career change, which is sort of ridiculous because I haven't worked for the last 2-3 years, but I think I have come up with the perfect job.

I am going to be a "Watch Counselor" for all of these poor souls on all of the watch forums.

The ones that state and ask...:

They can't decide which watch to purchase, does this one look too big on me, is this one too small for me, your watch pictured with some kind of booze or alcohol, your watch pictured with some type of food (guilty), Help... I'm addicted to watches, all of the enablers on here, I'm not satisfied with my collection, I went into the local AD's and I was mistreated, someone insulted my watch, someone didn't comment on my watch (boo-hoo), my watch is worth more than my bosses, my watch is worth less than my bosses... should I be concerned? They have replaced one addiction (cigarettes, alcohol, sex, etc.) for another - watches. Which watch is sexier and will get me the most dates, which watch will have the opposite effect? Did I overpay for this watch? I saw this watch on someone I don't like, what do I do? I wish watch prices were not so expensive, which watch for my 1st mechanical watch, which watch for my 1st luxury watch, which watch for my first automatic? I hate what this person or group of people are wearing and it drives me nuts. Recommend a watch for me to wear with _____ _____ such & such outfit because I can't figure it out on my own and need a stylist or butler... or a counselor! I could go on and on (trust me) but I don't want to lose more readers than I already have. All of these are true concerns and questions that have been brought up at one time or another on this or other forums.

I have never seen a hobby with such phobias in my entire life (and I'm into a lot of different hobbies/stuff other than watches)!

I know I'll get rich and be able to wear some of those watches I only dream of. We have a lot of problems on these sites and I know I can help you work thru them and for the bargain price of... well, that will have to be determined once we meet or talk and I can get a feel for your economic situations. Of course I will be very professional, discreet, and treat my clients with the utmost respect (unless they wear G-Schlocks - then I would insist on an intervention).

Where needed, we can do group therapies - otherwise known as GTG's.

OK, I think I'm through... I'll get my hat and coat. Please feel free to PM me for any of your watch related psychoses/counseling... (oh man, my inbox is going to fill up..., rubbing hands together).

I'll be posting in f381 any-day now...

Reactions: BMack and drhr

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
You can also get a nice hefty safe and provide a "safe keeping storage" facility to keep away thieves...and angry wives!

·
Registered
29,958 Posts
Great idea. Sometimes this hobby does require a babysitter.......

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Great idea. Sometimes this hobby does require a babysitter.......
No, I prefer, "Professional Watch Counselor".

At a party - "Yes, thank you... I have a degree in PWC".

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
You can also get a nice hefty safe and provide a "safe keeping storage" facility to keep away thieves...and angry wives!
Even better he could transship the watches to the buyers BUT replace all the paper work with invoices that are a dime on the dollar, avoiding spousal scrutiny. He could then charge a recurring fee for the safe keeping of the documents until such time as the buyer needs them for warranty/resell.

Reactions: JPfeuffer

·
Registered
429 Posts
The ones that state and ask...:

They can't decide which watch to purchase, does this one look too big on me, is this one too small for me, your watch pictured with some kind of booze or alcohol, your watch pictured with some type of food (guilty), Help... I'm addicted to watches, all of the enablers on here, I'm not satisfied with my collection, I went into the local AD's and I was mistreated, someone insulted my watch, someone didn't comment on my watch (boo-hoo), my watch is worth more than my bosses, my watch is worth less than my bosses... should I be concerned? They have replaced one addiction (cigarettes, alcohol, sex, etc.) for another - watches. Which watch is sexier and will get me the most dates, which watch will have the opposite effect? Did I overpay for this watch? I saw this watch on someone I don't like, what do I do? I wish watch prices were not so expensive, which watch for my 1st mechanical watch, which watch for my 1st luxury watch, which watch for my first automatic? I hate what this person or group of people are wearing and it drives me nuts. Recommend a watch for me to wear with _____ _____ such & such outfit because I can't figure it out on my own and need a stylist or butler... or a counselor! I could go on and on (trust me) but I don't want to lose more readers than I already have. All of these are true concerns and questions that have been brought up at one time or another on this or other forums.
Well, I would believe that the idea of the forum is to engage in conversation, and many of what you listed are conversation starters. Unless you'd like everyone to start every thread with "Watches. Go." I think you're missing the point. I wouldn't call these phobias or the like. They are merely points of interest intended to further the conversation (did I mention conversation is the reason we are actually here, at this internet location?)

Are any of these queries life-altering decisions that need to be made? We are on a website that is for people with disposable income and an appreciation for fine (often times) old world novelties.

I think it is best that you just sit back and enjoy the ride, it's way more fun that way.

Also- Forget discrete and respectful: I think you should be brash and borderline rude, Like the WatchSnob. People seem to LOVE what that guy has to say!

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Too late.....I had a very successful career doing it in Houston, Texas.......Retired now.....;-)
Not saying it wouldn't be lucrative for you in your market area....Just it's been done.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Great idea!

This job title has a nice ring to it:

Horological Coordinator, Appraiser, Advisor, Therapist, Interventionist, and Marriage Counselor...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah, I really don't get why other people's opinions are needed to justify what someone likes. It's almost as weird as when someone buys something THEN asks about opinions on it.

I personally like the threads on this forum, it generally leads to some great recommendations from lesser known brands.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts