WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

101 - 120 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I don't like divers either. They're literally (most) and figuratively overrated. Yet I still own a dive watch and won't part ways with it.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Quite easy to do with a Seiko 5 diver / SKX etc. Just take of the bezel et voila... a field watch! :)
Yup! I opted to start with the bones of an 89__ series Invicta Prodiver. A Murphy Manufacturing smooth bezel, strap swap and different dial and hands from Dagaz (another set on the way actually.....and a domed sapphire...)
Before and after:
prodiver1.png

prodiver.png

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Yup! I opted to start with the bones of an 89__ series Invicta Prodiver. A Murphy Manufacturing smooth bezel, strap swap and different dial and hands from Dagaz (another set on the way actually.....and a domed sapphire...)
Before and after:
View attachment 15812870
View attachment 15812871
Wow what a difference! I’m just starting our modding (not sure that’s the right word here). I love the idea of almost limitless varieties and something that is one of a kind.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Wow what a difference! I’m just starting our modding (not sure that’s the right word here). I love the idea of almost limitless varieties and something that is one of a kind.
Seikos and Invicta Prodivers offer an icredible "nuts and bolts" type of platform. I DID snd the Invicta off the case side, but opted to leave the crown and seconds hand in that iteration. I'm not ashamed of it being an Invicta at all. The next round will have a two tone blue dial and a red handset though.

I have a few Seikos and likely won't mod them at all. If I scratch the hardlex in the SKX I'll probably do a double domed blue AR coated sapphire....because why not?!

Reactions: Pilot2

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
They've got that funky dial around the outside that doesn't seem to do anything.

Next week we'll get into the tachymeters/chronometers. How about a contest to see who has the most dials and numbers rings on their watch?
A good video about bezels and scales. And I think you meant chronograph because those typically have a tachymeter, which is not the same as chronometer.

101 - 120 of 199 Posts