WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Banned
2,835 Posts
Not that it matters but I didn't Google anything, another forum member sent me the link ..... I believe it was from "It's confirmed Invicta $ucks" ..... FYI Invicta paid out big time, court records show it was for a undisclosed amount ..... confidentially clause .....

Ya know what I was bored today so I called Rolex customer service twice and the day before I spoke with Breitling customer service, last Friday I conversed with Chopard customer service, and tomorrow I think I'll call Omega, I just get a thrill out of good customer service conversations don't you .....
BS. And how do you know Invicta paid "big time" since it was an "undisclosed" amount??????????? Funny how "other" members send you a link...... do you always post what others give to you? Come on, the more you type the sillier you look. Evidently you have a huge rod on against Invicta and will say anything to make yourself feel better. Just give it up, dont like Invicta, dont buy one.

·
Registered
749 Posts
The watch is called a Speedway... I don't even think you know how a tachymeter works. Two days ago you were loving Invicta. Then one guy comes on here and shows you one bad watch and your burning them at the stake. So much for brand loyalty. BTW, if you want to play in Ender's sandbox. Be prepared to spend alot more than $100.
I do not know how a tachymeter work?? My first high end watch growing up was 1952 Universal Geneve, from my dad which I still own....so do not throw accusations left and right.

You got me all wrong my friend, yes I called the anti Invicta BS when I saw it and took a beating for it, there are a lot of watches they make which I love and I own 3...but I call spade a spade, it's called objectivity....a pretend non working main functionality (the tachymeter in this case) is indefensible, we are not talking about a design element like a fake bolt or the base of the base of a chrono pusher or the crown resembling a screw type where it is a simple push type, this is more serious.... ....lastly, I have no brand loyalty, not for Invicta not for Rolex or Breitling or outside of the watch industry as well....

·
Banned
587 Posts
I do not know how a tachymeter work?? My first high end watch growing up was 1952 Universal Geneve, from my dad which I still own....so do not throw accusations left and right.

You got me all wrong my friend, yes I called the anti Invicta BS when I saw it and took a beating for it, there are a lot of watches they make which I love and I own 3...but I call spade a spade, it's called objectivity....a pretend non working main functionality (the tachymeter in this case) is indefensible, we are not talking about a design element like a fake bolt or the base of the base of a chrono pusher or the crown resembling a screw type where it is a simple push type, this is more serious.... ....lastly, I have no brand loyalty, not for Invicta not for Rolex or Breitling or outside of the watch industry as well....
Tachymeter... Main functionality. LMAO !!! You, Ring and OvrSteer use yours at least five times a day right ? What a freaking joke !!!

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Tachymeter... Main functionality. LMAO !!!
It's a function. If the function doesn't work, leave it out. Just that simple. It doesn't matter if you use a tachy regularly or never use a tachy, it doesn't matter.

As saturno_v said, it's not that significantly different than a fake non-working pusher or a fake subdial. OK, *technically* you can make everyone wait while you stop the seconds hand at 0, then push the crown in to start measuring rate (while you lose the time setting.)

So, while not technically useless, it's darn near.

Doing the chrono on a subdial and having the ticking seconds be central is (marginally) acceptable on a low end chronograph or a fashion watch. If you have a $60 Pulsar or $90 Fossil? Sure.

They're not pretending to be a tool watch...

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
bc4393:
My complaints have never been about movements used in their products
They placed Valjoux 7750's in some models of the 8926. Eta 10G -211's in others
and still Isa (Isatronics) 8173's and 8172's in others. Also Ronda 5040's in others.
Have never had a quality, durability or accuracy issue with any of the aforementioned
engines.
Should I buy an Invicta (doubtful because of other issues rather than movements)
it's serviced by my local watch guy. KInda like buying a Chrysler Neon. Leave the
dealership and never looking back.

X traindriver Art

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
bc4393:
Correction. Never meant to imply that Isa, Eta, or Ronda movements were used in the 8926.
To my knowledge 8926's have used the 7750, NH 25 (21 jeweled) NH 35 (2 jeweled). The NH35
is the clone to the S11 Seiko 4R36.

X traindriver Art

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Tachymeter... Main functionality. LMAO !!! You, Ring and OvrSteer use yours at least five times a day right ? What a freaking joke !!!
The Florida Attorney General is presently investigating the Invicta Watch Company, the case number is L14-3-1092. Anyone that has filed a complaint against Invicta with Consumer Affairs or directly with the Attorney General has received a claim form via email. If anyone wants to be included in this investigation contact the Florida Attorney General directly at her email [email protected] or call(954) 712-4641

FYI ..... The company trades on the name "Invicta Watch Company" which was a company founded in 1837 by Raphael Picard in La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland but has no actual connection whatsoever to the current Invicta watch co. The original closed up shop in the 70's.

The current Invicta Watch Company was founded in the 91 and is owned by the lalo Family.

Invicta does not have a factory nor do they have their own repair facility

Invicta outsources their watches to the lowest bidder in Asia, these companies also handle their warranty repairs. Invicta sends a package of broken watches overseas once a month, this is part of the reason why it takes 6 months for any warranty service and from many of the complaints it appears that the repairs are not even made.

·
Banned
587 Posts
It's a function. If the function doesn't work, leave it out. Just that simple. It doesn't matter if you use a tachy regularly or never use a tachy, it doesn't matter.

As saturno_v said, it's not that significantly different than a fake non-working pusher or a fake subdial. OK, *technically* you can make everyone wait while you stop the seconds hand at 0, then push the crown in to start measuring rate (while you lose the time setting.)

So, while not technically useless, it's darn near.

Doing the chrono on a subdial and having the ticking seconds be central is (marginally) acceptable on a low end chronograph or a fashion watch. If you have a $60 Pulsar or $90 Fossil? Sure.

They're not pretending to be a tool watch...
Its all just simple math. Only the uneducated really need a scale. If you need one that bad, spend a little extra money and get a Ocean Speedway Reserve.

Attachments

·
Banned
587 Posts
Eyan Lalo (center) with Jason Binn and Lalo's wife Karen in Las Vegas.

Eyal Lalo | Invicta Watch Group | ZoomInfo.com
Whats your point ? Decided to show off some better watches than that rag Orient you have on your wrist. As for Eyal, his bank account is bigger than yours... Same old haters, hangin around at the hater thread... Deep down, you know you guys love Invicta. Or you wouldn't spend so much time talking about them all the time...lol !

Attachments

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
This is really interesting, if you have the time to read all of it. These are a collection of statements and responses about Invicta and Lalo that starts in 2010 and goes up to date. Nearly all the statements prior to 2014 are very negative about Invicta quality, then they change. Suddenly the quality improves drastically.

Invicta Gets a 55mm-sized Lawsuit - Florida IP Trends

·
Banned
2,835 Posts
The Florida Attorney General is presently investigating the Invicta Watch Company, the case number is L14-3-1092. Anyone that has filed a complaint against Invicta with Consumer Affairs or directly with the Attorney General has received a claim form via email. If anyone wants to be included in this investigation contact the Florida Attorney General directly at her email [email protected] or call(954) 712-4641

FYI ..... The company trades on the name "Invicta Watch Company" which was a company founded in 1837 by Raphael Picard in La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland but has no actual connection whatsoever to the current Invicta watch co. The original closed up shop in the 70's.

The current Invicta Watch Company was founded in the 91 and is owned by the lalo Family.

Invicta does not have a factory nor do they have their own repair facility

Invicta outsources their watches to the lowest bidder in Asia, these companies also handle their warranty repairs. Invicta sends a package of broken watches overseas once a month, this is part of the reason why it takes 6 months for any warranty service and from many of the complaints it appears that the repairs are not even made.

Evidently you dont do a lot of research. The "investigation" was CLOSED earlier in the year. Dont believe me? Here is the FL AG website. Just put in the case number and NOTHING comes up since it was CLOSED after nothing criminal was found to have happened.

Florida Attorney General - Search Results

As for the rest of your post, AND? Nobody here ever said they have their own factory, ever. And just how do you know they go to the lowest bidder? Please provide links to back up your BS......I am still waiting for your evidence that Invicta got fined "big time" as well.

·
Banned
2,835 Posts
This is really interesting, if you have the time to read all of it. These are a collection of statements and responses about Invicta and Lalo that starts in 2010 and goes up to date. Nearly all the statements prior to 2014 are very negative about Invicta quality, then they change. Suddenly the quality improves drastically.

What some posters cant seem to understand is exactly what you posted. And besides, what is the point? All I care about is getting a nice watch for a great price. I have bought FOURTEEN Invictas (11 for me 3 for my wife) (15 with the one I sold you) and they ALL have been awesome. I also bought her a Bulova Precisionist for Xmas and it was awesome.....but the finish and quality control were just as good on the Invictas.....I was actually surprised. The movement is on another level of course but Invicta makes really well put together watches....as you know.

·
Banned
587 Posts

Another great post from the Benedict Arnold of watch brands. More garbage I'm sure...

·
Banned
587 Posts
What some posters cant seem to understand is exactly what you posted. And besides, what is the point? All I care about is getting a nice watch for a great price. I have bought FOURTEEN Invictas (11 for me 3 for my wife) (15 with the one I sold you) and they ALL have been awesome. I also bought her a Bulova Precisionist for Xmas and it was awesome.....but the finish and quality control were just as good on the Invictas.....I was actually surprised. The movement is on another level of course but Invicta makes really well put together watches....as you know.
He's beyond saving dude. Probably sold that Invicta to buy that raggedy Bambino. He's gone to the dark side...

·
Affordables Moderator
17,578 Posts
Somehow I missed this thread :roll: and I don't know how. Given the time of year, good cheer and all that, I think it's best that it quietly sinks away into the forum depths.

To the OP who originally started this, 8926.

Closed.
Z

141 - 156 of 156 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.