WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As most people here, I have plenty of watches. Cheap ones, expensive ones, etc. For some strange reason, I find myself really drawn to the Invicta Hydromax. I'd prefer another automatic but it's a quartz movement that is rated to 3000 ft for $89.00. I really want to buy one just to see what it's like. Talk me out of it please. Lol.
Or, I could order one, dive the stuffing out of it & review the good & the bad. What do you think?

Premium Member
I like the way you think.馃槉
Thanks, but my math was all wet! You're actually paying less than 3 cents ($0.03) per foot! It's a friggin' no-brainer!

And if you don't like it, you can always sell it for way less than you paid for it. Win-win!

Registered
As most people here, I have plenty of watches. Cheap ones, expensive ones, etc. For some strange reason, I find myself really drawn to the Invicta Hydromax. I'd prefer another automatic but it's a quartz movement that is rated to 3000 ft for $88.00. I really want to buy one just to see what it's like. Talk me out of it please. Lol.
Or, I could order one, dive the stuffing out of it & review the good & the bad. What do you think?
Seiko Tunas have been tested to 3000ft of ocean depth, and survived 300% of their rated WR. I would expect the Invicta to flood by 300 feet.

Premium Member
It's a 52mm watch that's almost 30mm thick... I wouldn't wear it if someone gave it to me for free. YMMV.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pulled the trigger. Shipping is about a week. I'll unbox it, review the quality & aesthetics & proceed from there. This is the least expensive watch I've ever purchased. I just find it hard to believe that it will be a quality finished stainless steel watch with that depth rating. Now obviously it will never see anything deeper than 150 or so feet while on my wrist. But, let's see if it's up to the rigors of diving, spearfishing & being knocked around.

Registered
Pulled the trigger. Shipping is about a week. I'll unbox it, review the quality & aesthetics & proceed from there. This is the least expensive watch I've ever purchased. I just find it hard to believe that it will be a quality finished stainless steel watch with that depth rating. Now obviously it will never see anything deeper than 150 or so feet while on my wrist. But, let's see if it's up to the rigors of diving, spearfishing & being knocked around.
It would actually be really cool if you could get Nesbit's to agree to pressure test it. They have a pressure tester capable of 3600 feet. Let's see what it can actually handle.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's a 52mm watch that's almost 30mm thick... I wouldn't wear it if someone gave it to me for free. YMMV.
Lol, I get it. Not everybody's taste. My daily for years was my Citizen ecozilla, now my daily is my Rolex Deepsea. I do have an SEL MK2 Omni diver on order being built. I also wear a Citizen depth meter watch . All huge pieces so, I'm used to the size.

Registered
As most people here, I have plenty of watches. Cheap ones, expensive ones, etc. For some strange reason, I find myself really drawn to the Invicta Hydromax. I'd prefer another automatic but it's a quartz movement that is rated to 3000 ft for $88.00. I really want to buy one just to see what it's like. Talk me out of it please. Lol.
What do I think?!
DO it!
(y)

Premium Member
Oh boy, what on earth will you do if you actually end up liking it?! Buy more Invicta??! 馃槼馃馃槼

1 - 20 of 78 Posts