WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about changing from my 2220.80 (300 M blue Bond) to a 2201.50 (Planet Ocean black). I like certain features of both. The wavy dial on the 300. The hands on the PO. I think I'm growing a little tired of the blue, but I'm not sure the flat black on the PO is enticing. So, what would you do? What do you like on each one?

Anyone want to swap?

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Owning both, I can say the PO feels like a much more expensive watch. What I mean by that, it is a step up in quality feel. I sold my blue SMP for my PO and never regretted it once. The PO is my favorite watch.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
The dial of the PO, is for me the best aesthetic feature of the watch (caseback engraving is next). It is not just flat, it is a variation of flats, various colors all mixed in. It is not boring in anyway to look at, since it is an effort to BE flat, a texture to the color. Also, the quality of the markers, and script and Omega logo is VERY high, and adds a richness to the watch that is wonderful to look at as well.

Would I trade? Yes, I don't like the Bond for myself, so it is an easy choice, however, the few Bonds I have seen on others wrists, look very good. So this one is up to you.

·
Registered
387 Posts
IMG_0228.JPG
I was afraid of the being tried of the blue after awhile as well. So, I went black SMP. I'm not a PO fan, to me the Black Bond was perfect and more wearable in more places. Consider it.

My 2 cents.

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
The blue SMP is a great watch, and is what lead me to Omega. However, aesthetically speaking, the PO is much more appealing. Don't get me wrong. I love my blue Seamaster, but "it's no PO"! Thesolution to your dilemma: "own both", like so many of us here.

;-) KAT

·
Registered
27,204 Posts
Sometimes you need to change it up even thought you have a good thing going. I just picked up a blue bond SMP off another member the other day (I haven't even received it yet) because I'm getting a little tired of my 2254, even though the 2254 is probably my favorite watch I own and still appreciate its beauty. It doesn't mean you like your SMP any less, it just means you have the urge for a little variety. If you have the itch, do it, the PO is an awesome piece for many reasons. Worst case you can always go back later.

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
I went with the black and white 45 PO after trying on both at the AD. The blue was never a consideration but the black bond was the second choice. In some ways I liked its sleek look better than the PO but as an overall assessment the PO won hands down for feel, presence, bezel, weight and size. (I had a lot of watches smp300 size and wanted the one big PO. I still consider the bond the 'perfect' size.) Was it the right choice? Its been almost 4 months and I still wear it more than any other of the 5 dozen watches I own. Its my single most 'go to' watch. And the only other Omega I like as much is my '63 black constellation

·
Registered
9,579 Posts
If you cannot own both (my preferred option), or you are concerned one will sit unused too much, then go with your heart and change - you should always be able to find another blue Bond even if it is pre-owned.

Nigel

·
Registered
708 Posts
I sold my PO and got myself a black Bond co-axial. To me, the PO's proportions seemed so wrong. The caseback design is great but the matte/graphite black texture of the dial just didn't cut it for me. Add to that the extra weight and case thickness and the fat bracelet... The Bond has a more glitter-ish dial and bezel, its lighter and the case thickness is very acceptable to be worn as a beater. As for the hands, I do prefer the PO's hands due to their design and lume performance. The hour markers are great in both watches with a slight advantage to the Bond's if you are looking for a more luxury look...

Again, the Bond looks like a luxury dress diver and the PO has the luxury tool watch feel...

·
Registered
10,301 Posts
Owning both, I can say the PO feels like a much more expensive watch. What I mean by that, it is a step up in quality feel. I sold my blue SMP for my PO and never regretted it once. The PO is my favorite watch.
Whilst this is true with the 2541/2531, my father has the current model black dialed version and I gotta say the finish is more upmarket the the one you had. Blue or black, the current SMP is a good contender with the PO. But then again, my dad likes my PO better then his SMP. Sadly he didn't have the budget to go for the PO.

It's just a matter of taste really. I'm fortunate enough to own both and I gotta admit, before the PO made it's repeated journey to OMEGA service I was wearing my blue SMP in constant rotation with my PO. In fact, I've left my IWC on the bedside table today to give the SMP some flesh :p

/posted via mobile device\

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
I have always lusted after the classic blue Bond after seeing one in person (I think the bezel is even a darker blue on the newer ones), but opted for a PO, though I satisfied my craving for the wavy dial by getting a 2234 GMT.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sell me the 2220.80. solves my problem from another thread. :-!
If you seriously want it PM or e-mail me. Mine is in excelent shape. I have the other style bracelet on it in this picture but I have the correct bracelet in the box.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I would take the PO over the blue bond. The blue bond is very sleek, probably more comfortable and has always caught my eye. But the PO is just a nicer piece and I think the black dial is more timeless.

p.s I have a PO

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm quite a "blue" person, and I got so much satisfaction from wearing and looking at the sunshine on my blue Seamaster bond. I'm sure that newer versions of the same SMP are better finished, but I do agree that the PO is a step up from mine, and I love it in orange bezel with the black dial, though it'd be that much nicer if the dial were a bit shinier in the manner of the sub; it'd be that bit more classy. The near-matte finish makes it look a tad too much dark grey.

But this set me thinking; what would a blue-dialed PO with a blue bezel be like....:think:b-)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I went through something similar myself. I bought the blue bond (quartz though), and although I love it, I found myself wanting the PO. Some days I would really love the blue bond and not think about the PO, other days I found my blue bond ordinary and lusted after the PO... Finally I bought the PO (should arrive next week)! So I guess Ill decide after if I want to keep both, or sell the blue bond....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts