WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I always like Gearld Genta design and the Fantasy Retro are my favorite and grail watch since I saw one on the web about 5-6 years ago.. To finally have one with Donald on the dial (which is my favorite Disney character) is a dream come true..

So, here it is guys.. Gerald Genta Fantasy Retro Donald Duck.. Mother of pearl dial with 36mm case.. It originally comes in two-tone bead of rice bracelet but I prefer leather on this one (besides the bracelet is too tight for my wrist and I need to get an extra link).. Movement is automatic based on ETA 2892-2..

Fashion or Haute Horologerie? Who cares.. This watch is fuuuuun... :-d

"The world is a playground.. We know about that when we were a kid, but somewhere along the way we completely forgot about that.."
(quote from the movie YES MAN)

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Certainly not what I expected when I opened the post...but a very cool watch to be sure.
Congratulations on acheiving your grail and enjoy it...I know you will.

Best,
Rob

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Indeed, not what I expected but cool, nonetheless ;)

It would be fun to see xx:59 for a minute - if you have a cam and can post on youtube, you're gonna score a lot of hits on this one ;)

Wishing you lots of fun moments with the grail! It doesn't happen every day, one scoring a grail... :-!

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Very cool indeed, congratulations! Like the others, I wasn't expecting something this quirky to be your grail ...

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys..

Yup, even I never expected something like this to be my grail for such long time.. I'll try to post when the hour change and Donald swings the bat..

·
Registered
722 Posts

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
great post. we tend to get carried away and begin to take things too seriously depriving ourselves of the pleasure that this hobby can bring.

enjoy your grail!!

·
Registered
20,990 Posts
Dude, that is frakking awesome. And I'm not just saying that, like I do when most people post new watches. ;-)

I love Donald Duck. He was always my favorite Disney character. Reminds me a lot of me. Terrible temper, never gets anywhere in life, always says something to get on a woman's bad side.

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
That is the coolest cartoon character watch I've ever seen. :-!

I love Donald Duck. He was always my favorite Disney character. Reminds me a lot of me. Terrible temper, never gets anywhere in life, always says something to get on a woman's bad side.
Are we related? :-d:-d:-d

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Very interesting watch. Congratulations on finding your grail.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I do like the placement of the jump hour window at the bottom of the watch. The ones at the top don't make sense with the minute hand covering it when it jumps.

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Amazing grail! Well done!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts