WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After several attempts to email Damasko over the course of a couple months, I finally got a response back. I do thank Damasko for the response.......I think.

My email was inquiring when the 300 or so new movements were going to be mounted and shipped out to the ADs. The response was, "Ask your AD." So, I called my AD and he said Damasko never tells them and to contact Damasko.

Does anyone know what is going on? If the dealer and Damasko do not know, who does?

Has anyone else encountered this musical chairs treatment?

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man......................I feel bad for you SC,.......

I guess they are tryting say "They will ship when they ship.....so don't bug me right now!".............;-)
Your right. They're just telling me to shove it! ;-)

If I did not want the watch so much I would say the same! :-!

I agree with Tragic, a no response would have been better in this case. Leave a man to dream......b-)

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
They DO reply every once in a while, just to keep one off guard.
Seriously it's best just to order, forget about it, and be pleasantly surprised when it's ready, months/yrs. down the road.

S

·
0 Posts
After several attempts to email Damasko over the course of a couple months, I finally got a response back. I do thank Damasko for the response.......I think.

My email was inquiring when the 300 or so new movements were going to be mounted and shipped out to the ADs. The response was, "Ask your AD." So, I called my AD and he said Damasko never tells them and to contact Damasko.

Does anyone know what is going on? If the dealer and Damasko do not know, who does?

Has anyone else encountered this musical chairs treatment?
That´s what I already tried to point out. Ask your AD. He has to take care on his order and the "what abouts" (pieces, dispatch date).
And I also said Damasko has a list who´s the next (AD) to get a delivery. Damasko can´t know who is on a AD´s waiting list on what place, right ? So if Damasko says all 200 movements will be mounted until - let´s say feb. 2008 - nobody knows if he´ll get his watch in case he´s no. 202. Ask your AD.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
The thing is, I know a lot of us are probably used to walking into a store, or going to an online dealer and 9 times out of 10, they'll have what we want in stock and we can purchase right away.

I've been collecting custom knives and guns for the last 15 years, and I know that the Damasko watches are now really custom ordered items (ie. you get no real input as to features....maybe AR coating or in some cases, maybe hands...) but the situation can be equated the same.

There are some collectors of knives that wait years, even decades for a piece.

But I think, on the bright side, that it's a positive thing t5o know that the reason Damasko is slow on delievery is not because they can't fulfill the orders due to any physical inability or lack of integrity. Rather, it is due to lack or raw materials, in this case the movements, and the fact that Damasko watches is basically Conrad and his wife, and knowing Conrad's reputation from what little I have read, he is someone who will not haphazardly assemble a watch in haste just to get it out there.

I also think that it is a plus that the man himslef, Damasko, is doing the work on the watch. To me, having that moniker and logo on the dial face really mean something.

So........as Tragic said......order...forget......then be surprised one of these days, and I have a feeling it will be sooner than later.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Very well put. The way I see it is this. Part of what makes a Damasko attractive is the personal attention to detail and workmanship that you don't find with large watch makers. Ultimately, a Damasko is a personal statement more in the flavor of, say, a Dornbleuth and Sohne rather than a "mass produced" (i use this term lightly) Sinn or Omega. Conrad makes his watches because he WANTS to, not because he needs to. For that level of personal attention and dedication at this price point, I wouldn't mind waiting.

Don't get me wrong though, I wouldn't mind getting my DC66 sometime within the next few months ;)

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As anyone received their Damasko and been disappointed?

That would be the ultimate buzz kill! :-s

It has been several month wait for me already and if the watch were to not live up to the billing would kill me. o|

I have had the Sinn 756 series one and the case I know is awesome :-!

*** I just threw in three gratuitous emotion icons, SWEET !! ***

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Re: As anyone received their Damasko and been disappointed?

That would be the ultimate buzz kill! :-s

It has been several month wait for me already and if the watch were to not live up to the billing would kill me. o|

I have had the Sinn 756 series one and the case I know is awesome :-!

*** I just threw in three gratuitous emotion icons, SWEET !! ***
usc1 you WILL be pleased.
Don't fret about that.
It's a long hard road to get a Damasko and ppl. wouldn't bother with the hassles if it was anything like a common watch.
I agree completely with what rb67 says above.
Hang in there buddy :-!

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I like your answer. Buy, forget, be surprised. It might take a month or a year.:-d:-d

·
Registered
281 Posts
I too am going through a certain amount of anxiety. I ordered a DA36 on October 16th. I STILL have to hear back from Nadja that the watch order has been taken, and that I'm officially "on the waiting list". I know already about the wait, but some response would be nice on the order, as a courtesy that it's been recieved and taken, that's all. Instead I get emails (occasionally) that Nadja will "get back to me in a few days with confirmation". I guess she's now on vacation until the 20th, that's what Annette told me. What is so hard about being put in the computer, or my order given to Conrad, and a confirmation sent?o|

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Calm down and relax! ;-)

There's no instant gratification with a Damasko purchase, more like a lesson in patience! :-d:-d As Nadja has responded already you can be sure your order will be dealt with eventually. I waited 6months for my DA36, a short time compared to some....it *will* be worth it. :-!

And in the unlikely event anybody does not gel with their Damasko I'm sure they'll have no trouble whatsoever selling it on LOL!

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll try to forget about until Christmas! :-d

Christmas of 2007 that is!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
HI,
Hope you can help.
A few months ago i tried to order a DA36 and contacted Timefactors who told me they weren't taking orders!,Gnomon watches told me they where unavailable! and the two German dealer websites just directed me back to the Damasko website!! and Damasko never replied to my e-mail regarding an order!!
I consequently spent my money elsewhere,but i would still like a Damasko DA36!!!!
How can i place an order?
I am prepared for the wait but it would be nice to place an order.
Also if i did manage to order do Damasko take the whole price on ordering or a deposit?
Thanks in advance

Paul

·
Registered
281 Posts
Paul,
My understanding from Nadja at Damasko is that once the watch is finished, then you wire transfer the money. For whatever reason, they'll only do it that way, and not pay in advance. I put a order in for a DA36, and yet to have it confirmed by Nadja, although it was pointed out here that my order will be taken, and to just be patient. My advice is to go ahead and put and order in (be sure to tell them about engraving and AR coating,if you want it on both sides, underside of the crystal, or not at all) and wait. Put the money aside, and Nadja will let you know by email when the watch is done. She did ask for an address to send the DA36 to, so I guess it's a good sign. Anyway, good luck!

David

PS. Paul, here is the email address to contact Nadja at Damasko for ordering. [email protected]

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just put in an order myself. I didn't mention anything about AR, what is the standard and what do they normally do?

This site has set my expectations, I hope, correctly. I hope I receive a response to my order email by the end of 2007 and receive my watch before November 2008. Amy I asking too much?

S

·
0 Posts
I just put in an order myself. I didn't mention anything about AR, what is the standard and what do they normally do?
Well, reading the Damasko specifications would help: "Sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on both sides, AR coating on the underside only, available on special request"

·
Registered
184 Posts
What is the concensus on the best way to go for AR? I have never had a watch with it before (though it is on my glasses). Better on both sides or just the inside?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts