WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I feel as happy as a kid in a candy shop about this eye-opener. Basically for the past couple of months I've been considering a new purchase. Initially I wanted to buy a Mako XL, then russian Amfibia divers got my attention. Anyway, there was always something missing on those watches. I own a SK007 and a quartz Orient diver, but wanted something different. Well, who would have thought that difference can be found in those little tiny details. I've always liked my SKX a LOT but never knew it could look even better.

(pics are not mine)
DSCN4548.jpg download.jpg

I've placed an order for a dark blue dial SKX009 and will be getting a patriot nato strap to compliment all the nice blue, red and white on this watch.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Enjoy and wear it in good health!

·
Premium Member
71,472 Posts
I'm already a member of the 009 club and it does look mighty fine. Never got round to pulling the trigger (yet) on the 007. I don't know why but I just never have.

·
Registered
10,241 Posts
I have both and I love both. Think about solid colors for the 009. The Pepsi bezel along with multi-colored/patterned straps can look a little busy.
But congrats!

Sent from my [redacted] using Tapatalk

Reactions: EXCALIBUR1

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congrats! I have the 007/009 as well and not only do they look great they stand up to some pretty solid abuse. Mine are both on nato straps but I like the bracelet on your 007 might have to get me one...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
926 Posts
I have both and I love both. Think about solid colors for the 009. The Pepsi bezel along with multi-colored/patterned straps can look a little busy.
But congrats!

Sent from my [redacted] using Tapatalk
Yes, Congratulations to Stateff. Here's an SKX009/Nato strap combo that I'm fond of. Photo borrowed from somewhere on the www.

seiko skx009 on navy nato strap.jpg

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mine looks way darker than these, but maybe it's that i haven't had a properly bright day since receiving it. Is there variation in the hue, or is it just photography shenanigans?

I also have to remark at how powerful the lume is. It powered up under the office lights and was visibly glowing by the end of the day! It makes a mockery of my other "not quite ISO" seiko divers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts