WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fairly new to these forums but lurk quite a bit since I have been on the hunt for an Omega SmP. I spend most of my time on Usual Suspect knifeforums, and those guys are very much watch people, and even have a sub-forum "about time" where they talk about watches, and have been a large influence on my new addiction to watches:) Bought around 10 in the last 6 months but my wholly grail became getting a SmP. Could not decide whether I wanted the "ice blue" or black dial, and ended up deciding on a 2254.50(black dial) in the last month,
So watching the for sale forums here, and Timezone found one on Timezone but found out there was another person ahead of me, and thought he was getting it. This all started just before Thanksgiving, and my wife was going to buy it for me for my birthday(Dec,2) til we found out there was the other person involved. In the meantime she bought me a Marcello C Tridente which I also wanted. Then about 10 days ago the person who was selling the watch e-mailed me, and wanted to know if I still wanted it as the other person flaked. I told him yes but had bought another watch, and could not come up with all the funds at that point with Christmas coming, and had kids, grand-kids, etc to buy for but if he would give me a couple of weeks would try to get the money together. He told me he would wait a couple of weeks, and if I could not come up with the money he would then re-list it. Well..........my wife smoked the pencil:-D , and told me to e-mail him, and tell him the money would be on it's way as she had a slush fund I did not know about, and she wanted to get me the watch for a Christmas presentsantasmile .
Too make a real long story short the watch arrived Friday(yesterday 12/22), and put a smile on my face:)
All I can say is what a great wife I have for making my birthday, and Christmas one of the best I have ever had. She is a keeper!! but knew that after 23 years of marriage.
So now I can read/post on these forums with pride.

Also Merry Christmassantasmile , and Happy New Year to all here on WUS!!

Larry & Luana Johnson

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Congrat's and sounds like you've got a great wife :-! The 2254 is a fantastic watch and it was my first Omega. Enjoy yours |>

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just got a 2254.50 5 days and I'm loving it. How do you find the size Larry?

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Welcome to the club! I love mine.
Happy birthday and Merry Christmas.

P.S. You´ve got a wonderful wife.

·
Registered
761 Posts
That's a wonderful story. Congrats on the SMP.. Enjoy it in good health and a Merry Christmas!
Regards,
Q

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Nice choice, Larry and welcome to the Omega family!!

You sure can't go wrong there... one of Omega's nicest divers!!

And great little lady you've got at home!! :-!

Cheers,

Peter

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Happy Birthday and congrats on a wonderful watch and wife. What a holiday your having. Enjoy and wear it in good health.

Len

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
:thanks !!
Thanks everyone for all the great comments:)

dayz- I have no problem with the size as I like large watches so the 42mm(about:) ) feels great. I have some watches as large as 48mm which is a Citizen Eco-Zilla so Omega fits great on my 7 1/2" wrist.

I really enjoy reading the Omega forum here, and the great people who hang out here.

As far as the wife...........she is:gold

Hope everyone here has as nice a Christmas as I am:-!

Some great pics people of your SmP's as well, and maybe someday when I grow up I can do as well in my pic taking:-D

Now back to reading these forums, and staring at my watch til the newness wears off anyway:) I am astonished at the lume on this watch!!!!! Best of any watch I have ever seenB-)

Larry

·
6,880 Posts
That's a GREAT watch. Congrats!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts