WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started letting my daughter wear my damasko when she was 10. I figured it was up to the task. She is almost 13 now.

She wears it 24/7 and only had it off for a couple of months in favor of a fit bit, but has since switched back to the damasko. When she started wearing it I told her to only take it off around me so as not to drop it, lose it, etc.

I told her she can have it at this point but I may want to wear it sometime in the future.
Still looks great and I had it serviced not long ago when it started loosing time (at about 5 - 6 years old).

I get a kick out of her wearing it and wonder if she is the only kid in her middle school with an auto.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
I started letting my daughter wear my damasko when she was 10. I figured it was up to the task. She is almost 13 now.

She wears it 24/7 and only had it off for a couple of months in favor of a fit bit, but has since switched back to the damasko. When she started wearing it I told her to only take it off around me so as not to drop it, lose it, etc.

I told her she can have it at this point but I may want to wear it sometime in the future.
Still looks great and I had it serviced not long ago when it started loosing time (at about 5 - 6 years old).

I get a kick out of her wearing it and wonder if she is the only kid in her middle school with an auto.
I have a son and a daughter and I cannot wait for a day like this!

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Great job introducing your daughter to watches at an early age. No doubt she'll grow up to be a refined person with discerning tastes!

·
Registered
5,652 Posts

Did you get yourself a replacement Damasko?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,769 Posts
Did you get yourself a replacement Damasko?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Does Damasko even make watches anymore? I kid, I kid but honestly what the heck is going on over there? I was considering picking up another one but they've cut their offerings by what seems like 75% and haven't been especially communicative about what the future holds.

• Haha
Reactions: hl213

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
Lucky girl. It'll be hard to beat a middle-school Damasko. I hope you're saving for the Rolex graduation gift. You may want to get on the list, now. :p

I don't know about the only kid in middle school with an auto, but I bet she's the only kid in school with a $x,xxx (4 digits) watch! My 12-year-old has a Timex Ironman. He has to take off all jewelry (watch, necklace, etc.) for PE...no leaving it on the whole day at school.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
If my daughters watch had to come off daily at school she would not be wearing it rest assured. As to the Rolex, she can get a job and buy her own someday (y)

Edit: not rich but hope to instill a love of watches, and I believe the Damasko is up to the task anyway. If there was a big chance that she would have it stollen or drop it/damage enough to cost me another premature movement service I wouldn’t let her wear. Having said, on the off chance thatt either were to happen I would not hold it against her. Told here that from the get go or she might not have wanted to wear it,

·
Registered
188 Posts
Great story!! Thanks for sharing.

My oldest son(10 yrs) now enjoys wearing his watch everyday…seems he sees the value in knowing what time it is. He has settled into a Casio F-105…mainly because of the size I think. Im looking forward to getting him a Damasko or Sinn when he is older. I always thought the DS30 would be perfect. But only Damasko knows what they will be making in 3-5 yrs.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
My 5 years old sometimes wear their flikflaks so there is hope.
However they like to press my apple watch (i am usually a double wrister, mechanical left, apple right) to ask Siri things so not sure if they would go mechanical….

1 - 15 of 15 Posts