WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Tough part is, I have the black and white too. I'd probably sell the black and white should I choose to grab this one.
It’s purely personal preference. I bought the all blue and love it. Wearing it this moment actually. The black and white just did nothing for me in pictures or in person. However the blue and white looks sharp.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Tough part is, I have the black and white too. I'd probably sell the black and white should I choose to grab this one.
Market value for the white and black, excellent condition, is roughly $4k... so $2k premium (all said and done, assuming sales tax) for the change in colorway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
I prefer the white dial with the black bezel. The new colorway might look better in person than how it comes off in stock pictures, but I miss the red on the tip of the seconds hand and I don't like that the movement is obscured with the Tokyo 2020 branding.

·
Registered
201 Posts
All the penny pinchers! Let me first say that how you spend your money is your business. But in my opinion if a few hundred dollars one way or another is going to make or break the deal I wouldn't buy the watch.

My attitude is buy what you want if you have the means. If a watch is available and I love it I'm not going to wait around for a hoped for future discount. But if a watch doesn't knock me out then don't bother to buy at any price.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I prefer the white dial with the black bezel. The new colorway might look better in person than how it comes off in stock pictures, but I miss the red on the tip of the seconds hand and I don't like that the movement is obscured with the Tokyo 2020 branding.
I don't like that Olympic branding either. I bet there's a way you could safely remove it from the display caseback ... something I'll look into.

·
Registered
788 Posts
If you have the means and the watch speaks to you, then pull the trigger. As other's have mentioned, the Omega non-limited special edition / limited production watches are a tricky beast if you're trying to grab a discount. I was surprised the Tokyo Speedy's jumped in value but wasn't really interested in another Speedy. My next purchase was the white dial/black bezel SMP 300 but after this release, I'm pulling the trigger on this model. The white / black combo was a bit too monochromatic for me; this white / blue combo has just enough color to keep it interesting while keeping the Tokyo 2020 banner on the case back. All that to say, get it if it speaks to you ... if the value goes up like the Tokyo Speedys, that's icing on the purchase. If it goes for a discount, I think you'll be enjoying the watch too much to care.

·
Registered
819 Posts
If you like the watch buy it. If this is a "will i lose money" question, you are looking at the wrong brand. I love my Seamaster and don't mind that I could have got it $400 cheaper from GM. Besides I got a sleeve of golf balls, a book and a little bottle of champagne.

·
Registered
469 Posts
It's a beautiful and tempting watch. I wish it was not a special edition. Because it is, if I really wanted it, I'd probably move forward without the discount because who knows how availability will be or how it was be received in Japan.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I'd wait and get the famous 30% Omega discount. ;)
Is that still possible!?!

I don't like that Olympic branding either. I bet there's a way you could safely remove it from the display caseback ... something I'll look into.
It's on the back... what does it matter? You'd devalue it by removing it. Better off getting an OEM case back and switching rather than damaging.

I didn't want Olympic branding on the dial. So my PO and this SMP is perfect.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
They could have included a rubber strap. It a bit disappointing on the price hike but no strap.

Another reason I got the PO 2018 Olympic - both strap and bracelet for only a marginal increase in price.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I would get it if I were in your shoes.

When I have already decided to acquire at some point, and it’s available now, then I buy at MSRP.

Why? Because it doesn’t bother me to pay MSRP for a watch I intend to enjoy now and for many years to come.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I had the grey dial on rubber, liked it, but traded for another watch. Liked it so much, i want to re-purchase. All blue was the way I was going as I like the white dial, but with a black bezel, it wasn't quite what I wanted - so, was for sure going all blue.

Until this one, which, IMO, is a perfect combo of the stark white dial with the richness of the blue and a tiny splash of red.

I put my order in, and while I am getting much less of a discount than if I went with the all blue, I just like the colorway.

Also, while this is not an LE, how long do you think they will make "Tokyo 2020" Olympic watches for? It's not like it will stay in their catalog for very long.

·
Registered
39 Posts
White dial blue hands are always a great combination for a watch. I would think this color combo would be very sought after its discontinued just like the AT 2503.33 and the AT Good planet. Also isnt the new Speedmaster snoopy the same color scheme?

21 - 40 of 45 Posts