WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
I also have a 7" wrist and am wearing a VCOverseas and it fits me well for a true 41mm. at 11mm thick, looks about the same there. I would think 37mm would be small but that looks great on you. Killer AP. I love it in grey. Big Congrats too!!...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Love to see a photo next to your explorer.

I looked at the 37mm APRO before I got my Explorer and it felt small .... the explorer felt just right.
I now find that the explorer almost feels slightly large and wonder if the 37 mm RO would feel perfect for a dressier piece?

Would love to try on on again but Corona virus has taken that time away from us.

•• sent by two turn tables and a microphone ••

·
Registered
111 Posts
congrats on getting it. i love mine too, it wears perfectly on a 6.75" wrist. I initially thought it'll be too small. For those wondering about the size, if you have an average sized wrist, just go for it!

·
Banned
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
congrats on getting it. i love mine too, it wears perfectly on a 6.75" wrist. I initially thought it'll be too small. For those wondering about the size, if you have an average sized wrist, just go for it!
TY

I had tried on the "Jumbo" b4 I ordered my 37mm. RO. I knew from that experience that the 37mm would be just fine.

Your wrist is slightly smaller than mine, so I suspect you didn't need to order an extra link as I did. Would that I were so lucky. LOL. Thankfully, I needed only one...But, hey, in the CoV2 era, what else is one gonna do with $200? LOL

·
Banned
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
matthew P;51388143[B said:
]Love to see a photo next to your explorer.[/B]

I looked at the 37mm APRO before I got my Explorer and it felt small .... the explorer felt just right.
I now find that the explorer almost feels slightly large and wonder if the 37 mm RO would feel perfect for a dressier piece?

Would love to try on on again but Corona virus has taken that time away from us.

Bold -> On the same arm at the same time? Or same arm in separate shots?

(Fair warning: I am lousy at taking wrist shots, but I'll do the best I can.)

·
Banned
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
I also have a 7" wrist and am wearing a VCOverseas and it fits me well for a true 41mm. at 11mm thick, looks about the same there. I would think 37mm would be small but that looks great on you. Killer AP. I love it in grey. Big Congrats too!!...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
TY

I tried an Overseas. I liked it too. I thought, for a time, I would get the VC due to the alleged difficulty getting Royal Oaks.

I preferred the RO b/c to my eye, and from what I'd seen at the time, nothing else looks like it, especially its bracelet. For a watch with so many polished bevels on the case and bracelet, with the grey dial, it's surprisingly understated. I also like the monochromatic look the grey dial imparts.

Unrelated:
I see folks on here grouse about the sizes of watches being too large or small. Truly, however, save for Panerais, I haven't tried on one watch whereof the size was a deal-breaking problem. Anything from 34mm to 43mm is likely to be fine, and outside that range, specific design elements may make a larger/smaller piece still be fine.

Far more often, I was just lukewarm on the watch itself and chalked the issue up to the size being unsuitable to my taste. I know now that the size had nothing to do with it. I just wasn't that into the watch and didn't want to admit as much because it was a fine watch that I "should have" liked.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Bold -> On the same arm at the same time? Or same arm in separate shots?

(Fair warning: I am lousy at taking wrist shots, but I'll do the best I can.)
On arm or wrapped around a towel.... Im looking for the most direct and level size comparison to what i know, IE Explorer.

If they sit at the same height Id be happy with a sitting on the desk shot.

much appreciated, I don't see myself getting to an AD any time soon..... that being said I'm saving for an ALS so no real rush.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
TY

Unrelated:
I see folks on here grouse about the sizes of watches being too large or small. Truly, however, save for Panerais, I haven't tried on one watch whereof the size was a deal-breaking problem. Anything from 34mm to 43mm is likely to be fine, and outside that range, specific design elements may make a larger/smaller piece still be fine.

Far more often, I was just lukewarm on the watch itself and chalked the issue up to the size being unsuitable to my taste. I know now that the size had nothing to do with it. I just wasn't that into the watch and didn't want to admit as much because it was a fine watch that I "should have" liked.
I agree with this to a point.... and I'm not one to ever say a watch is too big for everyone, just my arm sometimes.

I loved the 36mm explorers and really wanted a smaller daily wearer but every time I tracked one down that i wanted to buy based on specs, I loved it right to the point I strapped it to my own wrist.
It just looked wrong to me, not necessarily bad or too small to others but not what I was hoping to see.

I recognized that I may just be suffering from habit viewing so I wore a 36mm explorer homage for a week or two, exclusively to get used to wearing the smaller size, but it never looked right.
Maybe i was reacting to the lack of heft as much as anything but it always looked too small to me.

The 41mm APRO is also a watch I love on paper and in hand, but it looks too large to me on wrist- too me again.

I own 36mm vintage pieces and 44mm current divers so its not absolute sizes I react to, its how I feel about looking at the watch on arm that guides my decision.

Photos like yours on wrist only help to guide me to watches.... and in this case your 36mm RO looks fantastic, hence my renewed interest in the size.

·
Banned
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I agree with this to a point.... and I'm not one to ever say a watch is too big for everyone, just my arm sometimes.

I loved the 36mm explorers and really wanted a smaller daily wearer but every time I tracked one down that i wanted to buy based on specs, I loved it right to the point I strapped it to my own wrist.
It just looked wrong to me, not necessarily bad or too small to others but not what I was hoping to see.

I recognized that I may just be suffering from habit viewing so I wore a 36mm explorer homage for a week or two, exclusively to get used to wearing the smaller size, but it never looked right.
Maybe i was reacting to the lack of heft as much as anything but it always looked too small to me.

The 41mm APRO is also a watch I love on paper and in hand, but it looks too large to me on wrist- too me again.

I own 36mm vintage pieces and 44mm current divers so its not absolute sizes I react to, its how I feel about looking at the watch on arm that guides my decision.

Photos like yours on wrist only help to guide me to watches.... and in this case your 36mm RO looks fantastic, hence my renewed interest in the size.
Bold -> That I can relate to. My small watch is a 1980s era Louis Cartier Tank. It looks perfect to me. But so does my Bremont Superwater, or whatever they call it...it's 43mm. My Alpinist looks right too, and at 40mm it looks smaller the RO, which is actually a good bit smaller at 37mm.

In any case, I wholly agree with you that the actual number of millimeters is kinda useless and irrelevant to me. If I put it on and it looks right, whatever size it is, I like it.

To wit, I like the Omega Connie in 35mm, 38mm and 39mm. I like the 35 properly fitted but not loose, whereas I prefer the other two loose, but they're okay fitted too.

Because how it looks on my wrist plays so importantly into what I think of it, I probably will never buy a watch I can't try on b4 paying for it.

[FWIW, I wear the Explorer loose (almost jewelry-bracelet loose, but it's just "that much" not-loose that the dial won't slide around to the side of my wrist) and the RO properly fitted.]

·
Banned
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
On arm or wrapped around a towel.... Im looking for the most direct and level size comparison to what i know, IE Explorer.

If they sit at the same height Id be happy with a sitting on the desk shot.

much appreciated, I don't see myself getting to an AD any time soon..... that being said I'm saving for an ALS so no real rush.
Okay. I'll get started on some pics tomorrow and take what I can by myself.

I'll have to wait for some to come by to take some two-wrist shots....which is to say it'll be a while b4 those get taken b/c ain't nobody getting close enough to me to do that right now.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Okay. I'll get started on some pics tomorrow and take what I can by myself.

I'll have to wait for some to come by to take some two-wrist shots....which is to say it'll be a while b4 those get taken b/c ain't nobody getting close enough to me to do that right now.
Great.... thank you.

For my purposes a towel rolled to simulate your wrist size with the watches side by side would work for me.

If you could zoom in a little so that the camera is not right up close to the watches that would be helpful as well

·
Banned
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Love to see a photo next to your explorer.

Here's my Explorer and one of the RO and Explorer side by side:

Attachments

·
Banned
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Great.... thank you.

For my purposes a towel rolled to simulate your wrist size with the watches side by side would work for me.

If you could zoom in a little so that the camera is not right up close to the watches that would be helpful as well

If the pics in the post above don't work for you, let me know. But know that the instant you said "zoom in," you surpassed what I know about how to take a pic with the camera I own, my phone's camera. LOL

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Lol.... third picture is perfect.
Thanks you.

The wider bezel/ smaller case of the RO presents quite a bit smaller than numbers would suggest.

Looks pleasantly dressy next to the explorer on your wrist.
I’m going to need to give it another look once the AD’s open up again.
Congrats, two wonderful watches IMO.

And to explain my request for the iPhone “zoomed in”.... see below.

The first photo is how my watch looks to me when I tell the time. There is ample space above and below the lugs / you can see 4 or 5 links.

The second “no zoom” photo makes the watch look larger at it emphasizes the watch relative to the wrist. You can only see two lugs.

The third shot is a zoomed in mirror shot. Watch is a reflected length of about 9 feet away, ie how it looks to others.
It’s digitally zoomed in so the quality is bad but I can count a lot more links on the bracelet.

Same watch, same wrist , three different perspectives.

Thanks again for helping me out with the wrist shot

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
That dial hue is pretty, congrats on a stellar choice, 15450's rock on smaller wrists like mine and yours . . .
Amazing. the 37mm seems perfect for your 7" wrist. This means that for my 6.5" I would definitely choose this size over the 41. Curiously, this seems to fit like the B&R BR05 fits on my wrist and that watch is significantly larger on paper.

·
Banned
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Lol.... third picture is perfect.
Thanks you.

The wider bezel/ smaller case of the RO presents quite a bit smaller than numbers would suggest.

Looks pleasantly dressy next to the explorer on your wrist.
I’m going to need to give it another look once the AD’s open up again.
Congrats, two wonderful watches IMO.

And to explain my request for the iPhone “zoomed in”.... see below.

The first photo is how my watch looks to me when I tell the time. There is ample space above and below the lugs / you can see 4 or 5 links.

The second “no zoom” photo makes the watch look larger at it emphasizes the watch relative to the wrist. You can only see two lugs.

The third shot is a zoomed in mirror shot. Watch is a reflected length of about 9 feet away, ie how it looks to others.
It’s digitally zoomed in so the quality is bad but I can count a lot more links on the bracelet.

Same watch, same wrist , three different perspectives.

Thanks again for helping me out with the wrist shot

YW. Glad the pics gave you some info you can use.

Cheers.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts