WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
which of your new toys do you wear most??

about 4 years ago I wen to my AD and planned to buy a APRO 15400. They had the 1st VC Overseas Gen 3 three-hander. I bought it instead. I wear it more than any other watch I have. I later went back and got a 15400 and was told that I go the last one that they had. I even got a discount. Which is a wishful thought today.

·
Banned
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
which of your new toys do you wear most??
Unexpectedly, I've been wearing the Ball the most, mainly because I tend to watch TV in the dark and fall asleep doing so. When I wake, my 1st instinct is to glance at my watch to see what time it is. The Ball's H3 lume is awesome for that, for it's bright enough that in a half-asleep haze, I can tell the time and go right back to sleep. LOL

I've been wearing the rest in rpughly equal measure when I don't have on the Ball.

about 4 years ago I wen to my AD and planned to buy a APRO 15400. They had the 1st VC Overseas Gen 3 three-hander. I bought it instead. I wear it more than any other watch I have. I later went back and got a 15400 and was told that I go the last one that they had. I even got a discount. Which is a wishful thought today.
Re: bold text:
FWIW, I got a several thousand dollar discount off MSRP on my RO. (In fact, I got a decent discount on all my new watches, and I got the makers' warranties with them, although for the Rolex and AP, I lost a few months of the warranty period b/c they were purchased via a broker.)

·
Banned
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Wasnt a fan of AP but certain models are growing on me

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
If you like the look and have the coin, the basic RO is a great watch to wear. It looks amazing with everything I've worn it with.

Having used it for a few weeks now, the one proviso I have to offer is that its antimagnetic capacity is paltry. It may even have none, though I haven't checked. Accordingly, suggest buying a demagnetizer of some sort if you buy an RO like mine.

Mine has gotten magnetized twice. The only things I can think of that may have done that to the watch are my tablet, phone or TV, though I suppose any number of other things - maybe a gizmo at the grocery store? - may have been the culprit. Moreover, insofar as steel retains magnetism even after leaving a magnetic field, the magnetism effect on my balance spring may have been additively wrought.

IDK. I just know that b4 swiping the watch with the demagnetizer, it gained several minutes per day and afterwards, it ran spot on, until it got magnetized again, whereafter demagnetizing restored it to spec, so to speak.

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you like the look and have the coin, the basic RO is a great watch to wear. It looks amazing with everything I've worn it with.

Having used it for a few weeks now, the one proviso I have to offer is that its antimagnetic capacity is paltry. It may even have none, though I haven't checked. Accordingly, suggest buying a demagnetizer of some sort if you buy an RO like mine.

Mine has gotten magnetized twice. The only things I can think of that may have done that to the watch are my tablet, phone or TV, though I suppose any number of other things - maybe a gizmo at the grocery store? - may have been the culprit. Moreover, insofar as steel retains magnetism even after leaving a magnetic field, the magnetism effect on my balance spring may have been additively wrought.

IDK. I just know that b4 swiping the watch with the demagnetizer, it gained several minutes per day and afterwards, it ran spot on, until it got magnetized again, whereafter demagnetizing restored it to spec, so to speak.
Well definitely dont have the coin now.. but would love to get one in the future.

Weird about the antimagnetism being nonexistent or close to it. Good tip though!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27,042 Posts
"Love affair"

No watch will, for me, be a "love affair" thing. I'm not into watches; I merely wanted a few nice ones that I liked enough to buy because they put some panache in my wardrobe. When my Reverso arrives, I will have accomplished that, and that will be the end of my journey; I will then be merely a guy wearing a nice watch.

There are a few watches I've seen that I do really love, but insofar as I'm not willing to pay what I must to buy them, I got over them.
I’ve never been more jealous of someone else’s mindset

·
Banned
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Good info (+ frankly, not surprising). Have you had any other watch magnetized? (I assume you wear them all in the same environment).
AFAIK, no, but then I wasn't paying all that much attention and haven't checked expressly. Maybe I should...

In the past week, I've taken to wearing my Hydrocarbon a lot due to its H3 lume. It has some magnetic shielding, it's definitely not gonna get magnetized by my activities.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How was the price from Steve at Little Treasury compare to AP ADs?

Was the date on warranty card the same date as your purchase date?

·
Registered
54 Posts
IMG_3780.JPEG

This is my 15400 next to the 15450ST

For those interest in the size comparison between the 2

61 - 77 of 77 Posts