WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats one Christmas present out of the way.

It's a beautiful watch and I know he will love it. I tried to leave it in the box so it didn't get all smudgy... that lasted about 20 seconds (guess I'll have to wash it before Christmas).

This is the first automatic watch I've ever held, so I don't know if this is normal or not, but the rotor makes a little bit of noise when it moves. I was expecting it to be silent when it spun, but it makes a little bit of noise, kind of like metal sliding against each other, or maybe it's that gears meshing. This is fine though, right?

Oh yeah, to adjust this deployant clasp, I assume I just unscrew that little screw and then move little bud (that I'm assuming is under there) to the desired whole and then put the crew back in. Right?

·
Registered
202 Posts
nice, congrats!

I'm not sure how the Stowa deployant works, but on my non-Stowa one you simply "open" the part that is under the strap. It's hinged on one side and has a peg on it that goes through the hole in the strap. The non-hinged side snaps into place when it is closed. It flips open. I don't know if the Stowa uses screws or not. Maybe someone else can help out more.

Matt

·
Registered
318 Posts
You've got it right with how to adjust the deployant. The bud sits in a hole, and then you reattach the screw. Reattaching the screw can be a little bit of a challenge, since the bud isn't always visible, but it works eventually. It's not the easiest deployant to adjust, but I love it. The look and action are better than any other deployant I've used.

Congrats!

Dave

·
Registered
668 Posts
Your dad is lucky! :-!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts