WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(sorry no pictures for the moment)

Hello fellow WUSers,

Iam proud to announce I am the new owner of an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean XL, model 2200.50.00 ! This is something really important to me as it celebrates my 23rd birthday, my new job position and possibly good things ahead of me. Unfortunatly, my visa credit card will suffer for the next 3-4 months :-x

I would like to thank John aka jmsrolls for the help provided and also i would like to thank the forum AD for providing such good service and price. The watch is in perfect condition. I just made my first little scratch on the bracelet clasp (i was already aware that it scratches easily).

I would also like to thank all the usefull posts in this forum, who helped me to inform me to do a good buy.

I will try to add pictures or video if i can get a hold of a camera. Ill reply to this thread

Thank you!

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Congratulations! Great watch! |> |>

I'm glad all went well.

Fr. John†

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey John, i never really get your avatar, is that a No cyclop sign? aha

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
hey John, i never really get your avatar, is that a No cyclop sign? aha
You've never seen my Rolex Explorer II?

I hate to use the word "hate" but it is the only way to sufficiently express my feelings regarding the "bubble".

Fr. John†

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Congrats! Such a great feeling. And an excellent first piece indeed. Pics or it diddnt happen :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think he modified his explorer to remove the Cyclop date enhancer, im I right?

edit: Im coming with pictures and video of my new PO soon!

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Congratulations on a great choice in watch. I love my PO and it is a daily wearer.

As for the cyclops window, that is one of the reasons why I own a Sea Dweller instead of a Submariner. ;-)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Congrats on a great watch. Buying a nice timepiece to mark a significant event is really special. My Omegas mark my marriage, daughter's birth and my 40th. Welcome aboard the good ship Omega!

·
Premium Member
9,757 Posts
Congratulations! From Me in Vancouver to You in Montreal!
That is a beautiful watch. I think the one you have is with the black dial and bezel. I know it's pretty traditional, but still my favourite combination.
I know you can't stop looking at it, can't wait to see your pictures and video! Happy Birthday!
Cheers,
Carl

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
As for the cyclops window, that is one of the reasons why I own a Sea Dweller instead of a Submariner. ;-)
Yes, it was the dial of the Sea Dweller that inspired me to go with a black EXPII rather than white and to remove the "bubble".

The Cyclops obstructs the view of the dial and destroys the symmetry. And without the magnifier, the date is readable from greater angles thereby eliminating the need for the "Rolex salute". :-d

Fr. John†

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Congratulations, Yes we like pictures.
Enjoy your new PO.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Picture Updates! Huge pics, sorry!

I am not a good photographer, just using a cheap 120$ camera with some photoshop.

Happy me!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow, nice pics. It's always good to see "wrist shots" that are full body. It gives a better sense of the size.
Thank you! As a forum lurker myself, i was always looking for wrist shot that you see the actual person. It gives better sense of size. Although i was not prepared for this photo, i look sad ! aha

1 - 20 of 21 Posts