WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a wedding gift from my fiance, a Tissot Couturier watch she got off Canadian ebayer, he stated new and authentic watch.
She wanted to make me happy and get me the watch I've been looking at for a while, and I guess she got burned.
Few things don't look right to me, but I'm no expert, it's my second watch, first being cheap $30 watch :)

-The book that came with watch, does it come cut on an angle on the top ? Or is the manual book a simple ractangle shape ?
-The watch day date has white background, I see on Tissot website it has black background.
-The big seconds/tachymeter needle does not zero to 60, but on a letter T in word "Tachymeter"

·
Registered
73 Posts
as much as it pains me to say this, the model number on the tag should have a black date wheel. therefore it appears this is a replica.

have her begin the dispute process on eBay to try and get her money back. sorry to be the bearer of bad news my friend.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't know about the tags and stuff, but that looks like the same movement as my prc200 quartz. If operates the same way, you pull out the crown to the date setting position and use the pushers to set the hands back in alignment.

That manual is odd though.. never seen that.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Unfortunately my friend, you have a fake.

I own the same model and after studying the differences I came up with the following:

1. The most obvious being the date window, it should be black on his model as previously stated.

2. The lume on the hour hand is too big.

3. The shape of the subdial hands is off and the the font of the subdials is sloppy.

4. The gap between the case and the crown is too large, the real one has a very tight space between the two that can be seen in the pic that DesertGoon posted.

There are a few other very small differences as well but they really wouldnt be noticeable unless you had a real one physically in front of you.

Hope this helps!

Get your money back on this one. If anyone else is looking into getting a Couturier quartz chrono, look at these items to start as this is one of the better fakes I've seen.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Yea that manual looks really odd, out of alignment print.

Another reason to purchase from an AD. I find most of the Tissot ADs around the GTA offer discounts from MSRP anyway (15% to 30%, depending on the model, the more expensive, the more discount usually). :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts