WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the early 1930s (recently restored). Photos just taken tonight.

·
Registered
9,651 Posts
Hi -

Nice! Of course, such pictures lead me to ask what's inside... :)

Me, I just paid for a Hamilton Wilshire with the 980 calibre inside, and hope that it makes it here okay...got it here (pics of the seller).

It'll be my first non-military Hamilton. Looking forward to it, and of course there will be pictures...

JohnF

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Lovely watch. I have a 1948 Hamilton Perry but I think the 1930s version with the multicolor dial is even more impressive.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've seen the late '40s Perry before and really like it. Don't know why Hamilton used the same name for two cases so different. John, your Wilshire is terrific. |>

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi -

Nice! Of course, such pictures lead me to ask what's inside... :)
I haven't opened it yet (I need to buy a case opening knife), but I understand from the seller and Hamilton ads that it was equipped with the 17-jewel 987 movement. This one was recently serviced, too. :)

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
9,651 Posts
Hi -

I'm really looking forward to getting it... :)

JohnF

·
Registered
9,651 Posts
Hi -

Just got the Wilshire.

Watch sizes sure have changed. :)

The timing was perfect: this evening we're celebrating 20 years of where I work, and I get a silver pin for 10 years' of putting up with my bosses and earning them indecent amounts of money. Might not mean much for most here, but in the corporate world here in Germany it's a solid sign of approval and of belonging to the inside crowd to allow you to wear the company logo with your suit...it's a transition from "one of the employees" to "one of us". :)

The Wilshire will be worn tonight for the occasion. Is everything I had hoped for, and photos will come during the holiday period when I come up to breath...

JohnF

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi -

Just got the Wilshire.

Watch sizes sure have changed. :)

The timing was perfect: this evening we're celebrating 20 years of where I work, and I get a silver pin for 10 years' of putting up with my bosses and earning them indecent amounts of money. Might not mean much for most here, but in the corporate world here in Germany it's a solid sign of approval and of belonging to the inside crowd to allow you to wear the company logo with your suit...it's a transition from "one of the employees" to "one of us". :)

The Wilshire will be worn tonight for the occasion. Is everything I had hoped for, and photos will come during the holiday period when I come up to breath...

JohnF
Congrats, John. I'm anxious to see your photos. I'm still waiting for mine. I hope I get it by Friday. :think:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts