WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering its worth?it says on the back swiss made waterproof,incabloc ,antimagnetic ss back it has 10 m on one of the band arms,i know it means 10microns of gold in it.i dont know the value but it works well i wear it everyday.the numbers that are printed on the watch is 6 and 12 ,no others but it has date and it is in good shape .if you all can tell me its worth i would b greatfull.
thanx seacaptainchris

·
Registered
7,743 Posts

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
What we <can> do, if you can post pictures of your watch, is give you a idea of how desirable/rare/old the watch may be, and maybe some background on the companies that made the watch/movement. This information can help you when comparing your watch to the myriad of others on the web. But for mechanical watches, one of the primary considerations is the movement; the mechanical bit inside. And to get pictures of that, you'd probably want to take it to a jeweler or watchmaker to have some pictures taken. In general, the words on the watch tell me it's a pre-1970's mid-grade watch. "waterproof" wasn't used much past 1969, and 17 jewels is typically a "fully jeweled" manual wind movment. Incabloc is a type of shock protection (that protects the balance wheel in the event that the watch takes a hit), and since you had to pay money to put that on the dial, it usually is found on the better quality mass produced watches.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts