WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I am wondering if someone can help me out with this query. I have a member that wants to trade a watch with me. It's an Oris TT1, on the rotor it states "High Mech 26 jew". I would assume that is the Sellita movement. What I am wondering is how this movement has been performing in the Oris watches? I have heard mixed reviews, of course I would rather an ETA movement but maybe things have been improved on the newer Sellita movements. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
12,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So is there no one else with any feedback on a comparison between the ETA and Sellita movements? I just want to get some more input so I can make a well informed decision. The history on the SW200 has not been the best from what I have read and this concerns me somewhat.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I have a Tissot Le Locle (with an ETA 2824-2 movement) and an Oris Divers Date (with a Sellita SW200 movement). They are both VERY accurate! The Tissot is anywhere between -2 and +0.5 sec/day, depending on usage. The Oris, with the Sellita movement, started off wildly out at +24 sec/day! But... it was a very consistent +24 seconds, so I had it regulated under warranty, and now it's the more accurate of the two watches. After a month or more, it is usually out by only 2 or 3 seconds!

Hope that helps. :)

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
So is there no one else with any feedback on a comparison between the ETA and Sellita movements? I just want to get some more input so I can make a well informed decision. The history on the SW200 has not been the best from what I have read and this concerns me somewhat.
Patience, you only posted 9 hours ago on a Friday night, give it a few days.;-)

·
Registered
749 Posts
I have the Oris Small Seconds in Orange/black and it keeps time within about +4 to +5 seconds per day. I am perfectly fine with my watch running a little fast, means I will be a little bit early to everything. lol :-!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts