WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this watch is given from my mother, she has a friend who is living in Vietnam. The story behind this watch is a general in army left Vietnam when Vietnam War ended. He gave the girl, my mother's friend, that he loved the watch and promised to come back to visit her when the War end. However after the Vietnam War the door to enter Vietnam was closed for a long time. They lost contact of course and maybe he tried to come back to see her but everything changed after the war. So I am here not to just identify the watch but to find the person behind this story. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
"Old" is always a term of defiition. I guess its vintage and a sort of "steam punk fashion" . It is probably bought in the end of the war but a view on the movement might help. A touching story and therefore in any case a watch with a high emotional value.

Regards Silke

·
Registered
363 Posts
A touching story and therefore in any case a watch with a high emotional value.
Unless the soldier in question bought dollar watches by the dozen and handed them out to a girl in every port!

(Not suggesting this was the case, just pulling the OP's leg.)
Can we see the internals please?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much for your reply. However, the inside of the watch have been swap with some thing else. I have see nothing to trace inside at all. I was hoping for someone could give me tips how to solve this mystery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unless the soldier in question bought dollar watches by the dozen and handed them out to a girl in every port!

(Not suggesting this was the case, just pulling the OP's leg.)
Can we see the internals please?
I think you are right. i have found something fairly similar to it. It could be a Dufonte pocket watch which carried by soldiers back then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts