WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought a new seiko 5. I have a small problem adjusting the links to fit my arm. My wrist is small but my hand is big. So if I adjust it with seven links on each side it will fit perfectly on my wrist but a bit difficult to remove from my hand and if I make seven links on one side and eight links on the other it will become too loose on my wrist. Any help on how should it suppose to fit.

Thank you

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
My hands are bigger than my wrist proportionally also. Depending on the clasp type I have more trouble with some than others, my biggest problem is with my Omega Planet Oceans, I have to work them on and off. For me I would rather it be a little more trouble to get on and off than be loose on my wrist all day. Were it me I would leave the 7 links on each side and deal with the extra effort to take it on an off.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Yeah, the only answer here is, "Do whichever is most comfortable for you." I'm inclined to agree with ilitig8 that a good wrist fit is more important than getting it on and off easily, but that's just me.

·
Registered
11,979 Posts
The obvious solution is to get hand reduction surgery.

But if your health insurance plan doesn't cover that, a two-piece strap or bracelet may be your best bet. There are two-piece bracelets - mostly mesh. And I know there some bracelets are out there that have 'seat-belt' buckles. The only problem I see with some of those is that you're dealing with a Seiko 5 and they can be more than double the price of the watch - but some of us have done crazier things…

·
Banned
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tried it now to make the 8 links. I am able to insert half of length of my pinkie finger between the watch and hand.

·
Premium Member
64,962 Posts
It sounds like you've got it to fit O.K. I also suffer from a bit of littleus wirstus bigus handus and some of my watches can be a bit of a pain to remove. Try undoing the clasp and spinning the watch round so that it's on the underside of your wrist so that when you remove it the head of the watch faces the palm of your hand.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Try undoing the clasp and spinning the watch round so that it's on the underside of your wrist so that when you remove it the head of the watch faces the palm of your hand.
Didn't think to mention that, I do that with all mine that I have the issue with, seems intuitive but maybe not.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I have bought a new seiko 5. I have a small problem adjusting the links to fit my arm. My wrist is small but my hand is big. So if I adjust it with seven links on each side it will fit perfectly on my wrist but a bit difficult to remove from my hand and if I make seven links on one side and eight links on the other it will become too loose on my wrist. Any help on how should it suppose to fit.

Thank you
I used to have that same problem ..... solved it though ..... pocket watches

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts