WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my monster for 10 years now. It's been serviced once and worn on countless rubber, leather, nato and zulu straps. There was always something off about it for me, because it was never as handsome as my skx007. It was something I couldn't explain and now with the age of the watch, it's style is not a classic nor a modern one. The other day I was digging through my box of straps and random watch stuff. At the bottom, was a 20mm stainless mesh bracelet that I bought for a panda chrono, but never really liked how it looked and felt on that watch. I figured why not throw it on the monster. Once I lined the mesh up to the lugs I was blown away. The stainless bezel makes it look like a chunky vintage diver and not a dated, early 2000s watch that Vin Diesel might have worn in XXX. I'm fully aware that I'm not the first person to put mesh on the monster, but I just wanted to share because it showed me you never know what strap works on what watch until you line them up....if you have a box of old straps. Which I assume if you're on this site, you also have a box or drawer with old straps, string bars and buckles like I do.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
That looks like a milanese style with finer mesh links...I have 2 of them from my Squale divers. They work on lots of watches!
Nice contrast between the rugged Monster style and finesse of the fine mesh.
IMG_1907 by toypoodleKimi, on Flickr

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your Squale divers are incredible. My bank account wishes you didn't post that photo.

That looks like a milanese style with finer mesh links...I have 2 of them from my Squale divers. They work on lots of watches!
Nice contrast between the rugged Monster style and finesse of the fine mesh.

Reactions: knightRider

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have to say the perfect bracelet for the Monster is the OEM that came with it.
I'm sorry, but the OEM bracelet makes the monster looks like a watch that Vin Dielsel would wear in XXX. It's very early 2000s, in the same world that tribal tattoos exist. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
But now you gave up the fat spring bars too

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But now you gave up the fat spring bars too
I found some swiss diver spring bars that are thin in the barrel and thick at the end like the oem spring bars.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The mesh bracelets look pretty good, I think a black rubber strap will equally look good. I think the snow monster came with a blue rubber strap that looks great on the watch

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,407 Posts
I'm not a fan of the looks of the OEM bracelet but it's very well made for the price. I like your mesh. Looks good on there.

And I disagree about the watch not being a classic. The Monster is a very unique design and I think will be a classic.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,271 Posts
I'm sorry, but the OEM bracelet makes the monster looks like a watch that Vin Dielsel would wear in XXX. It's very early 2000s, in the same world that tribal tattoos exist. Just my opinion.
We'll agree to diasgree. Besides, wouldn't have XXX worn a Diesel watch?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I found some swiss diver spring bars that are thin in the barrel and thick at the end like the oem spring bars.
The thicker pivot may stop the slop in the pivot hole but the shoulder is what normally bends and causes spring bar failure, best way to lose a watch, just saying.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
It was never as handsome as my skx007.
It's not supposed to be, it's a MONSTER. Think of those two as Beauty and the Beast.

The monster is a cool tool watch and despite the Vin Diesel comments, the OEM bracelet is just right.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Love the Monster and the OEM bracelet. I remember when everyone thought it was a HUGE watch. Now it looks kinda dainty to me.

As for mesh...in my experience it always looks better than it actually wears.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts