WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fairly new to the G-Shock scene, bought the plain old Rangeman about 4 years ago. Just recently up-graded to a Frogman :love:. Fell in love with the Frogman, and told myself I was done buying watches for a bit. Then these 2 watches popped up as a bundle deal for $200 bucks. I couldn't help myself so hopefully they were worth it together. Anyone know anything about these 2? Haven't really seen the Red Rangeman to often. The GBA800-8A is what it is I'm assuming with the little research I have done. More interested in the Rangman.
GBA800-8A.jpg
GBA800-8A-1.jpg
Red Range1.jpg
Red Range2.jpg
Red Range3.jpg

·
Registered
347 Posts
price is good. the red is (very) rare and "limited", as i remember. if no die hard "rangegirl" fan (sry :) ), i would clean it up, making good pics and trying to sell it. it will be pretty sought after, u will make profit and someone happy.

the other is a regular bluetooth ana-digi. would sell it too, as its bad legible and no backlight.

sorry, dont wanna belittle your joy. if u like those watches by looks, of course i hope u will enjoy them :)

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Congrats on your recent bundle purchase. It looks like you may have been hit by the G-Shock bug. Enjoy your Step Tracker and Rangemaster.

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
price is good. the red is (very) rare and "limited", as i remember. if no die hard "rangegirl" fan (sry :) ), i would clean it up, making good pics and trying to sell it. it will be pretty sought after, u will make profit and someone happy.

the other is a regular bluetooth ana-digi. would sell it too, as its bad legible and no backlight.

sorry, dont wanna belittle your joy. if u like those watches by looks, of course i hope u will enjoy them :)
what are you on about?? 😵🤔😂
the rd wasnt rare or limited, they were the last of the original batch of GRs before they all became more limited or collabs. they werent popular cos the neg display is rubbish and possbily cos the red was more a maroon than the more popular rescue red. they sat for ages and went on sale, def. not the trademark of a LE.
they could be considered rarer these days since it is a 6yo watch but "rare" doesnt equal desired, if that was the case everyone would be chasing ga300s 😅

ga800s do have a backlight, and it works just fine. its one of the cleanest, most legible midsize Gs there is (esp. with a second hand)
(from this forum)

·
Registered
347 Posts
what are you on about?? 😵🤔😂
the rd wasnt rare or limited, they were the last of the original batch of GRs before they all became more limited or collabs. they werent popular cos the neg display is rubbish and possbily cos the red was more a maroon than the more popular rescue red. they sat for ages and went on sale, def. not the trademark of a LE.
they could be considered rarer these days since it is a 6yo watch but "rare" doesnt equal desired, if that was the case everyone would be chasing ga300s 😅

ga800s do have a backlight, and it works just fine. its one of the cleanest, most legible midsize Gs there is (esp. with a second hand)
(from this forum)

tetsu, id suggest u calm down a bit and do ur homeworks. that emoticons arent helping in credibility nor sympathy, either.

im looking almost every day for g´s, often worldwide, the red isnt showing up often, if at all. its not to be bought new at a regular price, so of course, its a rare version and hard to get for whatever reason. as this watch is very asked in regular black, it will most likely be in red, more so when rare, of course.

there is a new one on ebay for 800us dollars right now. i think this should make my points clear.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you use and like them, of course it was a good purchase.
I, personaly, like the Rangeman better but i think you mentioned you already had One??

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
tetsu, id suggest u calm down a bit and do ur homeworks. that emoticons arent helping in credibility nor sympathy, either.

im looking almost every day for g´s, often worldwide, the red isnt showing up often, if at all. its not to be bought new at a regular price, so of course, its a rare version and hard to get for whatever reason. as this watch is very asked in regular black, it will most likely be in red, more so when rare, of course.

there is a new one on ebay for 800us dollars right now. i think this should make my points clear.
haha i suggest you stop making stuff up. i dont need sympathy or credibility when i have facts. as for the emojis you love them, yea you do! 😆😅😂🤣🤪😍🥰😘

as i said, any model is rare if it isnt made anymore but that doesnt mean it was a limited edition or rare when it was released.

800us is about double the msrp price. looking on ebay theres a ga300 more than triple the msrp 🤷‍♂️ sellers can asked whatever they want, doesnt mean its worth that price or ppl will pay it.

now tell me more about how poor the legibility is on the ga800 🤔😂

·
Registered
244 Posts
@Tetsu Tekubi hey man maybe leave her alone. My friends at school tell me you can be a little abrasive. That’s super lame. Tots lame bro. Lol jk. :)

honestly it was a great deal and the red color way in almost any model is sought after so doubly so. Perhaps not your opinion of what’s “rare” or a good deal but adults get to have their own opinions,.. perks of the job ;)

·
Registered
347 Posts
haha i suggest you stop making stuff up. i dont need sympathy or credibility when i have facts. as for the emojis you love them, yea you do! 😆😅😂🤣🤪😍🥰😘

as i said, any model is rare if it isnt made anymore but that doesnt mean it was a limited edition or rare when it was released.

800us is about double the msrp price. looking on ebay theres a ga300 more than triple the msrp 🤷‍♂️ sellers can asked whatever they want, doesnt mean its worth that price or ppl will pay it.

now tell me more about how poor the legibility is on the ga800 🤔😂

and my last response to u in public, tetsu, as i said in the post on the other thread. i dont need contact to people like u. i wouldnt honestly know who would... maybe someone professional who is being paid for?
write me personally if questions arise. id more like to block u. its not that u are some communicative sunshine.

i stated its "limited" by using quotation marks, as i wasnt sure or better said: it was back there already so rare. it is rare now and for a while, for sure.
i know how prices are made. u dont need to pay 800 dollars, it just means: it will very most likely be sold way over the regular price back then, as its not made any more and the gw-9400 is a very sought after watch.
no need to compare it to some trashy whatever-watch that noone cares about. we talk of realistic prices and values of objects that are wanted around the world.

gba800: i wrote no backlight. what i meant: no lumed hour markers. yes, my mistake with the words. almost every G has backlight, im aware of this. but sure not every analog G has lumed hour markers nor is good visible.

btw: what u were shown was a different watch, a ga-800 and in different color scheme, as u should know.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm fairly new to the G-Shock scene, bought the plain old Rangeman about 4 years ago. Just recently up-graded to a Frogman :love:. Fell in love with the Frogman, and told myself I was done buying watches for a bit. Then these 2 watches popped up as a bundle deal for $200 bucks. I couldn't help myself so hopefully they were worth it together. Anyone know anything about these 2? Haven't really seen the Red Rangeman to often. The GBA800-8A is what it is I'm assuming with the little research I have done. More interested in the Rangman. View attachment 15363187 View attachment 15363188 View attachment 15363189 View attachment 15363190 View attachment 15363191
Congrats on the new watches. That red really stands out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts