WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I usually hang out over on the Omega Forum. However, I have a decent selection of vintage pieces (mainly Omegas) from some of the more well-known brands. About six weeks ago, I decided that I wanted a vintage with a sub-seconds dial. After trawling through eBay, I settled on a nice looking Lanco. I hit the "Buy It Now" button and it was mine.

I don't know much about Lanco watches and the little that I do know, I read here a few weeks ago. I'm guessing that this model dates back to anywhere between 1950 and 1955?

My watch-maker popped the back off it today and wrote down the movement number. It's a hand wound Calibre 1305. The case measures a very pleasant 37mm.
He didn't have time to look it up on his database, so I thought I would ask you folks here about it.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and if anybody can pinpoint a more precise year for this watch, that would be much appreciated.

Cheers, all!:-!

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Hi emmanuelgoldstein,
The styling says early to mid 50's. It's an excellent looking watch. Congratulations.
The year generally refers to the shown example, no importance though, if the
calibre was produced over a long periode. But my several calibre catalogs make
me believe that the Langendorf 1305 wasn't made reasonably before 1960.

The style looks actually like 50s, but of course not every watch model met
the style of the mainstream.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,133 Posts
That's a classic. :-!

Lanco made a few unusually big watches from the 1940s to 60s. Perfect vintage occasional wearers for those who usually favour modern watches.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Greetings from rainy Melbourne! Thanks for the info, Chascomm. Yes, it will make a nice watch to wear from time to time. At the moment, the timekeeping is all over the place, but a minor service or regulation should bring it down to a more acceptable level.
Love the watch. All I need is the tobacco plantation in Havana, circa 1954 to go with it.
Cheers!

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
My Lanco

This has the langendorf marked movement. Everything I have seen shows they stopped marking the movements around 1968.
I was able to narrow down mine to around 1964 based on the dial lettering and a few examples I have seen. It appears the subdial seconds may be a bit older.

Attachments

·
Moderator Public Forum
21,938 Posts
Congratulations! That is a fine looking watch with an interesting dial. Is it about 36mm diameter?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts