Bank details are

Bank of scotland
75 George ST Edinburgh
EH2 3EW
Account number 02274676
Sort code 804635
Iban GB98 BOFS 8046 3502 2746 76
Bic BOFSGB2S

AFTER I transferred the money, I found out that he has scammed someone before in this forum. Read here: How to Enable Cookies

What should I do now? What can I do to get my money back? Please help!! :-(

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The testimonial mentions that he scammed somebody in the US on Watchuseek prior to summer of 2010, but hes alias "rolex123" was created only three months ago. This has led me to believe he created a new alias to find new victims...

Is there anything I can do now?

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
How can you be sure you have been taken? I saw that short exchange on TRF. Have you received any tracking info on shipment? Have you tried to contact the guy? You might be able to contact the bank, and the local police, too. Need more info, here.

Josh

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I confronted the guy through email and this is what he replied:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 3:33 AM
Subject: RE: Hey

Hi Conrad

Just back from post office and seen your emails,i can't make that link you sent any bigger so dont know what it says,but i can assure you the gmt is genuine and have already said i offer full refund if not 100% satisfied.

Regards
George

When I asked for tracking numbers (on 3 separate emails since Friday morning), he quit responding to my emails. I am going to contact local police and the FBI now.. :(

Can my bank (Chase) cancel my online international wire transfer?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi aggies,

The same just happened to me. I´m located in Germany.
I bought the GMTc over newturfers:
Fs gmtiic - TURF - The Ultimate Rolex Forum
And today all I got was a pack of blank papers.o|
Also it was agreed with him to ship the watch insured with fed ex. After the wire he finally told me he didn´t want to open an account at fed ex and therefore used royal mail. Of course not insured...
This is also his sales post:
http://www.newturfers.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5572
On the invoice for the chanel watch you can see the address:
Mr George Campbell
12 Briar Neuk
Bishopbriggs,
GLASGOW
And when you google that guy you get his phone number:
Telephone 0141 772 1710
Mob: 07866 357 181
Will go to local police office.
Is there anything else I can do?

Christian

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Christian, Please notify local police and, if possible, UK police.. I can't believe how stupid I was.. :(

If you can somehow get your money back, please let me know how.. We should keep in touch.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is there anything we can do to notify bank of scotland that he's a criminal and we want our money back???

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Sorry to hear folks. You might want to consider getting the victims together and hiring a private investigator to hunt the guy down and deliver him to the police. I would not expect much otherwise.

·
Registered
419 Posts
is there anything we can do to notify bank of scotland that he's a criminal and we want our money back???

Yes - you need to do several things.

1. Inform your bank, and make sure it is copied to the Bank of Scotland with his Sort Code and details, requesting that the bank transfer have a Fraud Alert placed on it. All UK bank transfers can be reversed, however if the buyer has withdrawn money from his account already, then:

2. Inform the UK NFIB National Fraud Intelligence Bureau | Home and find out how to make a Fraud Alert locally in Scotland and not just remotely from the USA.

3. Submit a Police Complaint to the local Scottish police station via fax/copy once your bank and US Fraud Team have confirmed that they are acting.

It may take you some time to recover your money, however a little short of taking him to the small claims court or magistrates court in a civil case, you still have reasonable grounds to ensure that he doesn't get away with it.

If it helps, I would never send any money to Glasgow :-x

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
i am from Glasgow lived there for 25 years, and moved to Sydney Australia 2 years ago . I have a couple of friends that are police officers but not in that area.

I think the new flats referredto are in G2 or G3 btw. anyway PM if you need help and maybe i can be of use. can try and get hold on accounts maybe?

·
Registered
3 Posts
i also got scammed by this guy! i payed 3300£ bank wire to him and recived a bounch of blank papers! the info he gave me was

George Campbell
8 Riverveiw Gardens
G5 8EL
Glasgow (uk)
Mobile 07500756918 feel free to call me anytime

i "bought" the GMTc over at newturfers.com and there is also ppl whom have been scammed by this guy on the same watch!

·
Banned
772 Posts
I am very sorry to hear we, watchlovers, get scammed sometimes! I husrts my feelings, indeed.

I also got scammed by a person named Ian Miller of London, England 2 weeks ago. I spoke to my credit bureau and they said because the money was sent via Western Union, there is nothing can be done! No more WU for me, ever!

I already filed a complaint via online form to Interpol, and I didn't hear from them, either ??? They didn't give me any file or case number, nothing.

I hope all of you will recover your losses very soon . . .

Very Best Regards . . .

Capt. Serdal

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also got scammed by him last year 2010. He sold a Rolex 16600 seadweller under the login/username "eleven" which he also uses as an alias on several other forums. I have the entire email exchange saved. He used his alleged girlfriends bank account information. I payed but never recieved anything. He was then banned under that username.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i also got scammed by this guy! i payed 3300£ bank wire to him and recived a bounch of blank papers! the info he gave me was

George Campbell
8 Riverveiw Gardens
G5 8EL
Glasgow (uk)
Mobile 07500756918 feel free to call me anytime

i "bought" the GMTc over at newturfers.com and there is also ppl whom have been scammed by this guy on the same watch!
That was the same adress that I got scammed with when he used the login "eleven". I think he is born 11 november 1981 from what I found on another forum where he used the "eleven" username. The email he used was "[email protected]".

The bank info he gave was for his "wife":
samantha reilly
royal bank of scotland
account number-00206197
sort code-83 21 26
address is 8 riverveiw gardens glasgow uk postcode g5 8el.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts