WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yeah, my watch itch is pretty bad like most people on here too. But, here is my reason for a new watch. I hope it works for me too. lol. I have fellow fisherman in my family also. I hope they think the idea is cool as well. I haven't gone fishing in many years. I used to go a lot. The idea of this watch is cool though. I really like the sunrise and sunset and vibrating alarm on it. The digital fish, and the fish on the watch band are pretty cool. I don't mind changing a battery on one watch that you can't find a feature for on a solar powered watch for cheap, like the vibrating alarm. I wonder if it can wake me up when I am sleeping. Who knows though. The sunrise and sunset visual layout is cool. It is like having a sundial on a watch. The moon phase is cool too, but I just like the fishing theme about the watch the most.

PAS400B5V.jpg

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Anytime I see a thread about the PAS-400/410 models, I could start crying....:-(

cheers

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Looks good, pretty cool, what does it tell you, when the best time is to fish based on the phase of the moon?

·
Registered
906 Posts
I had the Hunting version of it for a while. I didn't like the band, but I did like the easy to read display. They're nice watches and for the price, you get quite a lot of functions.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Didn't even know such a model ever existed! That's a very cool watch. The display is also very interesting.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good, pretty cool, what does it tell you, when the best time is to fish based on the phase of the moon?
Something like that, I think.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Anytime I see a thread about the PAS-400/410 models, I could start crying....:-(

cheers
Why? Thanks. I plan on using the vibrating alarm a lot. The sunrise and sunset is cool too. Sometimes I wonder when the sun is about to go down so I can do something outside before it gets too late. The moon phase is just cool to have when people say, is it a full moon or not. lol.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Didn't even know such a model ever existed! That's a very cool watch. The display is also very interesting.
Yep, I've been doing some research on the watch. I have no idea how long it has been around, but I read that somebody has had the same watch for over 30 years with battery changes every 3-5 years until they got a new one. I also read somebody has has the same battery in the same watch for 12 years. I got to admit all this is pretty cool to know. I am rough on my watches. For $30 with all the things it can do. You can't go wrong at all.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Oh, and this watch can do something that I always wanted in a watch. It can set an alarm anytime in a week, month, or year you want it to. Like when there is something you want to watch on TV during the week. Pretty cool. I also like the 40 different time data bank on it too. My first Casio G-Shock has that too. Sometimes it comes in handy to know the time and day as a record on your watch. I hate to say it. This cheap watch might be my favorite watch before I even got it. lol. I was also thinking of using the sunrise and sunset with the moon phase as a separate time zone feature because you need to put in the longitude and latitude with the time zone you are in to use it.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Because the lack of a CDT kills it for me - an absolute "must have" for any digital watch. Otherwise this cool piece would have made it a long time ago into my personal hall of fame.

cheers
Well, there are ways around that. Like you can use the count up timer, or you can save the time in the memo area and subtract the time from the current time. The PAS400B-5V doesn't have world time, but if you set the sunrise, sunset, and moon phase to any time zone. I bet you can keep another world time on the watch too. Pretty cool. I still have to get my new watch though.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I just told the person that matters about a new watch I will be getting. I think the $30 and saying it was an early Christmas gift mattered. Anyway, I will have a new watch in a few days.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have that watch too! It's very good for an inexpensive digital.

Loads of useful features that really can't be beat. Best thing is the fishing timer works pretty well and unlike most moon phase watches that go by city code this watch goes by GPS N/S E/W degree pos. That really helps narrow down the sunrise/sunset and the moon phase for your exact location. It also has auto EL as well as a vibrating "chime" for stealth application.

It's my favorite cheap watch ever! TONS of features for such an inexpensive watch. Congrats on the pick up! OH btw, it does have a plastic face (what do you expect at this price lol) but that makes it a SUPERB beater. I have scratched the crap out of it and buffed it back to new condition easily with a cloth and some "Barkeeper's Friend" polish.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I have that watch too! It's very good for an inexpensive digital.

Loads of useful features that really can't be beat. Best thing is the fishing timer works pretty well and unlike most moon phase watches that go by city code this watch goes by GPS N/S E/W degree pos. That really helps narrow down the sunrise/sunset and the moon phase for your exact location. It also has auto EL as well as a vibrating "chime" for stealth application.

It's my favorite cheap watch ever! TONS of features for such an inexpensive watch. Congrats on the pick up! OH btw, it does have a plastic face (what do you expect at this price lol) but that makes it a SUPERB beater. I have scratched the crap out of it and buffed it back to new condition easily with a cloth and some "Barkeeper's Friend" polish.
Thanks for the information. It nice to see it has been a great watch for other people. I am really liking the big digits on it. It might be biggest digits on a watch I own. I have to wait and see it first.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Well, my watch finally came in. I don't often say this much about any watch I own, because just like everybody here I have a lot of watches to pick from. But, this might be my favorite watch I own right from the start. First of, it is nice looking. Second off, the digits are the biggest digits on any digital watch I own. And third off, the watch band might me one of the most comfortable watch bands ever on a watch I own. And, I don't like fabric watch bands at all. Who knew a watch that costs almost as much as a cheap Timex you see in any store would become one of my favorite watches right way. I hope this watch is never discontinued if I really get to like it more later on.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just set everything on my watch. Somebody on Amazon said it took them about an hour to setup everything on their watch. They were about right. I set my first 3 vibrating alarms 10 minutes apart in the morning, and the 4th vibrating alarm for Monday to do something, and the 5th vibrating alarm I set I walk to the liquor store every week. Liquor stores always are shady at night. This watch will help me be more prepared right before sundown. I don't get why a watch like this isn't an everyday regular watch without a theme to it like fishing or hunting.

·
Registered
306 Posts
...Liquor stores always are shady at night. This watch will help me be more prepared right before sundown...
ah my friend, you have just stumbled upon the hidden bonus of this watch LOL. Now, if only we can get Casio to release a themed watch according to what you and I already know...

All kidding aside, the features on this watch are awesome. Why Casio hasn't implemented them in other modules is beyond me. (could be memory/space restrictions?)

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ah my friend, you have just stumbled upon the hidden bonus of this watch LOL. Now, if only we can get Casio to release a themed watch according to what you and I already know...

All kidding aside, the features on this watch are awesome. Why Casio hasn't implemented them in other modules is beyond me. (could be memory/space restrictions?)
It is so the customer had to buy another watch for their needs and Casio can make more money. Casio could make a watch that has a vibrating alarm in all their solar watches like the rare Casio G-Shock Silencer, but then people wouldn't spend many thousands of dollars for a watch if it can be in a $100 solar watch instead. And, Casio always probably realizes if you put some nice features in a cheap $300 watch that needs a new battery every so often. People might be hesitant just to buy a new watch and Casio makes money that way too.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts