WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Re: I just ordered my first Steinhart.

Steinhart does offer a lot of bang for your buck. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts

Just got the 44 mm version this week. You will love it. Almost wish I would have gotten the 47. Such a beautiful watch. I defy you to stop staring at it.

·
Registered
9,444 Posts

good seeing you here Jerry
your first Steinhart but won't be your last. Congrats in advance..

·
Registered
664 Posts

welcome to forum and congratulations for a nice watch.

Reactions: Jerry P

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

good seeing you here Jerry
your first Steinhart but won't be your last. Congrats in advance..
After reading all the online reviews and watching all the YouTube videos, I found this watch almost mesmerizing. Such a beautiful dial and those blued hands. Not to mention that nicely finished movement with the open back. It's hard to believe all of this can be offered at this price point. I figure it should arrive mid next week. I can't wait to get it.

Speaking of "your first Steinhart but won't be your last", I'm already eyeing my second one. Coming in a close second was the Marine Chronometer 44mm (roman). This is one of nicest looking dress watches I've seen. Beautiful dial and hands. All for the same price as the Nav B-Uhr 47. My wife actually loves this watch too.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts

Congrats Jerry & welcome to Steinhart....

My very first Steinhart was the Nav.B 47mm manual wind 8yrs ago.... To this day even though it is not the best Steinhart I own it is still my favourite. Yours will be a little different now to what they were 8yrs ago (small changes to the dial, new crown & same but differently presented calibre) but it still the same watch. Same case, weight & feel so I am sure just like I still am you will be a huge fan of it.......|>

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

This is indeed one of the brand's most attractive ones. Btw the slow beat of the movement sounds much more relaxing than the quicker 2824 etc.
I'm not sure why so many people insist on always having a high beat movement. I think having the slow beat movement in this watch is part of its charm. This along with the fact that it doesn't hack gives it a vintage feel. It's nice to have some variety in the collection.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Terrific Jerry. Wear it in the best of health for a long time to come!

I always love your pics.

I guess that we have to branch our from our diver love at some point and this is a great way to do it! :)

Regards,
Eric

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Terrific Jerry. Wear it in the best of health for a long time to come!

I always love your pics.

I guess that we have to branch our from our diver love at some point and this is a great way to do it! :)

Regards,
Eric
Thanks Eric.

I agree with you about branching out. I still love my divers but it's nice to get something different sometimes.

In the future, the wife and I are planning to get his and hers Marine Chronometers (Steinharts of course). 44mm Roman for me and 38mm for her. Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts