WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after lunch today I decided to walk down the street to the Downtown Los Angeles Jewelry district to buy a new strap for my corum. As I’m passing the stalls I see one full of watches and I just have to stop. I ask to see some of the omegas and a vintage longines. I’m just about done with the guy when I ask him for an inexpensive automatic that I can play with. He reaches over to the seikos and pulls something out, I don’t even really look at it I just ask how much and start haggling. $50 later I’m out of the stall in a flash and on my way to the strap store, I reach into my pocket to look at the thing I’m going to destroy and I stop when I see it has a crystal back. I think to my self that’s pretty cool, I wonder what it looks like?

Wow the dials pretty classy, I’m a fan of applied indices. As I approach the strap store I begin to think how it would look on a black strap.

You guys get the story so here are the pics. Sorry they're off my cell.

I’m pretty impressed with this seiko, Its a model SNK795K1, the case wears larger than its size. The movement feels solid. The bracelet it came on was rinky dink but I took it off as soon as I got it and it looks great on a strap. Throw in the day date function and you really have a great watch.

I don't think I'll switch over from my high end Swiss watches but I’ll definitely be adding a few more to the rotation. Ill throw some better pics on here tomorrow, but I just had to share.

·
Registered
12,702 Posts
...I reach into my pocket to look at the thing I’m going to destroy and I stop when I see it has a crystal back. I think to my self that’s pretty cool...
So you bought a watch with the intentions of just destroying it? :-s Do you mean you were gonna use it as a beater?

What you have is a Seiko5. They are the lower-end, budget line of Seikos. And as you've discovered, they're a great value for the money.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I wanted was something I can open up to learn some more about movemnets and construction. Since I have no watch maker/repair skills I figured I'd be destroying it.

Seeing the quality of this watch would make me consider a higher end seiko. Im not converted yet but I am now open to it.

Cheers
Pablo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts