WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I collect vintage watches for fun, so that I concentrate on those unusual items of unknow brands and unusual designs. Here are a few examples with a brand name I have never heard of. The one with a flashy dial is a Swiss Honor brand with an ETA 2789-1 automatic movement.It looks more like a Russian watch than Swiss.|>

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your comments. The Honor also has a Russian type caseback that was fastened by a retaining ring.:-D I am learning watch repair these days, so expensive, big brand gold watches are not necessary. I understand that once a watch manufacturer mastered the skill of making top grade base movement, it should not be too difficult for them to move upwards from there.

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting stuff. The third one - ROFINA on the dial - has the logo of Orfina, a brand that is still making watches today. (www.orfina.ch) Maybe it is either a redial with an error, or a copy of an Orfina? Looking at the dial, which seems to be damaged along the 11 o'clock radius, I suspect it is a dial repair gone wrong. I have a (non-working) Orfina of a similar age in a box somewhere. Nice watches.
That is very interesting. Rofina is on my list of Swiss brands(5th category), but no Orfina.:-S The movement is also signed Rofina that is a FHF 73 caliber. Maybe the company changed its name at a point? I would say that the dial is original. The caseback with the Rofina logo is also signed ROFINA SWISS MADE.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts