WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but i think my query is a little more specific. i've got a smaller budget and i want a quality watch that i will have for years to come. that being said, i want an automatic, somewhere in the 300-700 dollar price range.

it doesnt have to have a chronograph, but i'm open to watches in this price range that might. i've been looking mainly at the hamilton jazzmaster viewmatic, and also the tissot ballade 3.

any ideas if these are quality pieces? also, what other suggestions would you make? i am partial to pieces that are dressy, but sporty at the same time. diver's watches are ok, as long as they are not too big...

that being said i'm really open to any quality watches in this price range that might catch someone's attention.

thanks ahead of time for helping me out.. as i know this is a more common post in this forum.

·
Registered
715 Posts
As is Stowa. There is a forum for them on this site.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mene, I am a fan of the Hamilton Jazzmaster, I own two. IMO you cannot go wrong with it, it dresses up well. Go with the Hammy you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Hi mene and welcome to WUS!
Heck we don't mind questions like yours :-!
You can get into some nice Oris watches within and slightly above your price range, an excellent brand:

http://www.jomashop.com/orwif1wase.html

Good luck and we hope you visit and post often ;-)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got my very first auto 2 weeks ago and it was the Jazzmaster Viewmatic and I absolutely love it!:-! The bracelet is nice and comfortable and heavy but can be swapped out for a nice leather strap and be quite elegant.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I would highly recommend the Tissot PRS516 Automatic. I would say that it is fitting in both a dressy and casual environment (well, except, perhaps, black tie)!

Available in White, blue or black dial! In the $300 +/- range.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey thanks for all of the responses, and for a warm welcome to WUS--i am excited to join the community.

after looking at some of the other watches, i do think the hamilton appeals to me the most.. i found a great gallery of shots from a member here as well.. and they really showcase it nicely:
https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=16021

i'm gonna stop at the jeweler today to check it out... i'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
We're pleased to have you on board Mene!
Wow those are great pics you linked to....
I'd not buy from a jeweler till you can price it online.
Good luck and let us know!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again for all the help. i ended up with the jazzmaster w/ silver face off of overstock.com for about 380 bucks. i thought it was a decent deal from a well respected online site. i received the watch and it is awesome, it definitely exceeded my expectations for the price range.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'll post a few pics by the weekend... its been on my mind, but ive been busy. i want to share this nice watch though!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts