WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled across these watches today. These might be old hat to some but I thought it was worth sharing. I think they work like a chrono - push the button and the 'meter' runs through from 0 to 60. It would be even better if you could add minutes to the 'meter' e.g. press the button 20 times to add 20 minutes to the meter, which then ran down to zero. But either way, I thought they were quite cool.

PaulGarnierMinuStops.JPG

VulcMins.JPG

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
That is really cool. I didn't know about them, thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
This is a parking meter alarm from JLC.

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
All of them are very interesting watches and a cool little sub culture in themselves. Who knew??

·
Registered
19,876 Posts
This is a parking meter alarm from JLC.

I always think people who wear JLC watches should not care about parking fees, let alone putting it on a watch :p

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I'm a little confused about the function. So the dial rests at zero, and then starts counting the minutes up when you press the pusher? How do you reset it?

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
I had never seen that complication before. Pretty cool, if you ask me. Thanks for sharing and congrats for your unusual timepiece!

·
Moderator Public Forum
2,879 Posts
You learn something new everyday!

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm a little confused about the function. So the dial rests at zero, and then starts counting the minutes up when you press the pusher? How do you reset it?
Put another dollar in the meter?

Reactions: kak1154 and lvt

·
Registered
105 Posts
great!
I actually find that a very useful and fun complication for timing basic things (cooking eggs and I work in a lab where most intervals are 5-30min).
Anyone aware of affordable current models with similar vibe?

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
F​antastic, who knew?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts