WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....their logo.

I'm referring to the "Chr. WARD / London" logo on the watch face. It looks like something that should be on the side of a ladies' handbag.

I think it detracts hugely from the dial design, especially on the diving watches like the Makaira.

If anyone from Chr. Ward is reading this - and I suspect they do have someone that searches for and reads forum discussion about the brand, as it's a part of modern marketing savvy - here's one potential customer who likes your product but is hesitant to pull the trigger because of the logo. Just some food for thought.

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
001.JPG
There was some possible legal problem, I think, with a similar logo,as above, so he changed it.
I think.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Honestly, I feel the same way! That is probably why i don't own any...It's all in the details for me and i will not invest in anything that would drive me nuts. I preferred the old logo (like the one posted above by LBF).

·
Premium Member
38,944 Posts
I can assure you that there are plenty of people on the Christopher Ward forum who think exactly the same, so yours wouldn't be the first feedback like this that they saw.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Totally agree, the logo is terrible. That's how I know I really love my C61. Everything else is so perfect I can overlook the logo.

·
Registered
48 Posts
This has been the subject of intense debate on the CW forum for ages. I have CW watches with both logos and to be honest after a while I've got used to the new logo. In fact it looks quite good on some models.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I don't think the logo would prevent me from buying a CW, since they do what they do very well, but I'm definitely not a fan of it either.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
361 Posts
I never could stand the hour hand shape they use on so of their watches. The organic shape really clashes with the rest of the watch and doesn't match the minute hand at all. Almost like it was made from a watchmakers box of random hands.

-Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3; please excuse any spelling/grammatical errors.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I too am not a fan. However, I do think the old logo looks dated in comparison now..hasn't aged well

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,649 Posts
The name and logo definitely scream ladies fashion line to me. Nice watches but the name and logo I'm not a fan of.

Ralph Lauren
Marc Jacobs
Peter Pilotio
Zac Posen
Michael Khors
Christopher Ward

The London at the end really makes it seem like a name for a ladies handbag.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
I don't really like the logo, but I'm not put off by it either. What is more off putting to me is the brand's over reliance on homages or homage mishmashes rather than trusting their own design instincts (which they have proven can be quite good with some of their more interesting pieces).

With the unique things Tissot has been doing recently, I would lean that way...

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
I don't like the logo either but to finish your sentence IMO... I like everything about CW watches except UNCLOCKED SCREWS...well that and the logo. :)

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
I miss the old logo...

CW C5 Malvern Automatic MK I - 38mm.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts