WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this one around 3 months ago, and I must say I should have jumped on the titanium boat long ago. The watch is much lighter than the 312 that it replaced and so much more wearable.

Full video review:

https://youtu.be/PD4-gSr-8Dw

The tobacco dial also adds some spice to the otherwise usually black dials.

Not a fan of the P5000's accuracy though. So all the online talk and rumours are true. The movement does indeed "gallops" when fully wound. At least it's the case for my Q serial. Watch would go as much as a minute and a half faster on the 1st/2nd day of the 8-day power reserve. Such a shame.

Full video review:

https://youtu.be/PD4-gSr-8Dw

·
Registered
379 Posts
Nice review. I’ve had eyes for the 564 for a while, maybe I’ll add it someday to balance out my 233 and 441.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good idea to add this to the 233 which I regard as a classic PAM.

Would be interesting to compare their wearability, but the 233 movement will be the winner for sure.

·
Registered
9,063 Posts
what's not to like ?!. Great looking watch all around.
as for it's accuracy, and the glitch this caliber may suffer. in the time this watch goes in for service. i'm almost sure that Panerai will replace the 1st generation parts and make the necessary updates to make it run flawlessly.. i think

wear it and enjoy it in good health.

Reactions: suaku

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what's not to like ?!. Great looking watch all around.
as for it's accuracy, and the glitch this caliber may suffer. in the time this watch goes in for service. i'm almost sure that Panerai will replace the 1st generation parts and make the necessary updates to make it run flawlessly.. i think

wear it and enjoy it in good health.
Send in for service... let's hope the cost will be within "tolerance limits". :)

·
Registered
9,538 Posts
When the 564 was announced,I was somewhat interested,however back then I ended up with another pam with 8 days movt,tobacco dial,titanium 44mm case but with the crown on the other side of the case..

IMG_4265.JPG

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Great looking watch but if the ones the WWII Italian military wore didn't have minute markers I can see why they had the reputation that they did. Synchronize you watches for the torpedo run men! Missed by two minutes!

·
Registered
9,538 Posts
Don’t blame the watch,the italians even have their own timetables

IMG_8778.JPG

But I’d say that after living there for a month while studying the language and the gastronomy,I love Italy more than any other european countries..

·
Premium Member
8,535 Posts
Thanks for your great review. I put some comments on there as well.

Cheers,
Carl

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When the 564 was announced,I was somewhat interested,however back then I ended up with another pam with 8 days movt,tobacco dial,titanium 44mm case but with the crown on the other side of the case..

View attachment 14663223
Your watch is rock n' roll cool! Wow. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I love the 564, I also have one. You're right about Ti, it's so comfortable, while also being closely tired to Panerai over the years. I also had a 312 but I found it too big and heavy. You're lucky to get a Q with the sandwich dial, mine only has the cutout dial (semi sandwich/painted). Mine though is a T. I owned a 590 Q and the P5000 was also pretty bad as you say. But my 564 T P5000 is incredible - I keep it running non-stop (for months now), wind it every Sunday, and the timekeeping is brilliant (well, currently 63 seconds fast after I don't know how many months, pretty damn good IMO)!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love the 564, I also have one. You're right about Ti, it's so comfortable, while also being closely tired to Panerai over the years. I also had a 312 but I found it too big and heavy. You're lucky to get a Q with the sandwich dial, mine only has the cutout dial (semi sandwich/painted). Mine though is a T. I owned a 590 Q and the P5000 was also pretty bad as you say. But my 564 T P5000 is incredible - I keep it running non-stop (for months now), wind it every Sunday, and the timekeeping is brilliant (well, currently 63 seconds fast after I don't know how many months, pretty damn good IMO)!
I had the same journey as you. Went from 312 to 564. The 312 was too thick and top-heavy due to the overly-protruding caseback. Then they made the 1312 which shaved off some thickness, but included the word "automatic" on the 1312's dial.

So I went for the 564, and I'm really enjoying it so far.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts