WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to put my thought out there.

I think TH have high quality built. Heck, I held a Cal. 5 Aquaracer once, and the case and bracelet felt more solid than my own Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch.

Who else likes Tag Heuer? :)

·
Registered
10,154 Posts
I like Tag Heuer and I like 'Heuer' - though it's a distinction without a difference in my mind.

TAG Heuer has produced some wonderful watches that have made huge strides in time keeping. And the Heuer logo that they're bringing back is reintroducing some fantastic watches from the past.

I've never owned one - so my knowledge of their build quality and their longevity is based on the times I've looked at them up close, and what people who own them say. Nothing I've heard would even remotely keep me from buying one, though. And the Aquaracer would be on the short list. Particularly the "Hawaii edition".

Also - Yes, I love that Kai Lenny is a 'sponsor'. And, yes, I'd be more likely to by a Tag over a competitor for that reason. They help him do awesome stuff in an area of sport I love.

Reactions: ho_moon_ar

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I have read plenty of negatives about TH. However, I bought a brand new Aquaracer Chonograph about 6 months ago at a terrific price. I am totally impressed in every way.

·
Registered
Lately: Omega Seamaster Professional Divers 300
4,300 Posts

I like this one a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
10 Posts
I must admit, I would love to win the lottery and indulge in a watch spending frenzy
But until then I will just have to wait a few years till my 50th when I will hopefully be the proud owner of a Connected Modular
I have already put my order in and I point it out every time we walk past a jewellers

I do like the Monaco as well

·
Registered
12,033 Posts
I like watches.
Some of the watches I like are made by TAGHeuer.
I like some of the things TAGHeuer do in terms of design, manufacture, r&d but i don't always like the result.

At the same time, there are things about their approach to production that I don't like and things other similar manufactures do that I wish they adopted.

A bit like with pretty much every other maker that I've taken a closer look at.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I love the look of Tags (specifically the Monaco)...but then when I try them on in the store they are either huge, or just underwhelm me...probably just my small wrists:(

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I like TAG; I think they have some nice designs.

Many moons ago I had a TAG (quartz) and I ended up giving to a Swedish girlfriend. I wonder if she still has it...

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
My first dive watch was a TAG, and I used it for over 25 years (without issue), before looking at any other dive watches. Back in the 70's & 80's their design was simple, legible, and well built. Don't know about the latest iterations, but outside of the vintage designs, the new ones just don't do anything for me. Still a fine watch, tho.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I wonder how long the Connected Modular would be relevant 5 years down the road when everyone changes to a newer phone with different Bluetooth technology.

I think TH has a 2 year exchange program right? Maybe take a second look at that Monaco when you are ready to exchange for a mechanical?

I must admit, I would love to win the lottery and indulge in a watch spending frenzy
But until then I will just have to wait a few years till my 50th when I will hopefully be the proud owner of a Connected Modular
I have already put my order in and I point it out every time we walk past a jewellers

I do like the Monaco as well

1 - 20 of 41 Posts