WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as the title says i woke up this morning to brows craigslist to see what deals i can find or what crap shows up, so i see this add for someone selling G-Shock watches for 50 bux each so i said ok that's not to great, so i keep reading the add and went to the pics, now mind you the pics aren't the best and what do i spot? a rear gem well i think it is, so i contacted the guy and he still had all the watches so i make arrangements to go see them, so i get there and he had the watches i looked over all of them and they were real and in that pile was one of my grails A gw-200cf-7jf yes you heard me a BRAZILIAN super rare frogman, but it gets better its the ADDICT version and i got it for an amazing $45.00 he said all it needs is a charge and he did not know how to charge it LOL now on to the pics, mind you its worn but not in horrible shape.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
It's weird to see how lucky some people are...well congrats and I hope you enjoy wearing it for a long time ;-)

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
That's just incredible!
Sent from the office of the reincarnated President of the Republic of Texas.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Believe me it was a shock to me also, and i still cant get over it, i also picked up a DW-6900ms for the hell of it from the guy.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Dad: "Well, it was a good day. Got rid of a lot of crap, including a bunch of watches you never wear anymore."
Son: "Um, what? You SOLD SOME OF MY WATCHES? Not the G-Shocks, please don't tell me you did."
Dad: "You weren't wearing them any longer. I got a good price too. $45 a piece for old digital watches. Nobody wears digital anymore."
Son: "Oh no... You didn't sell my Brazilian Camo Frogman, right? I mean that's a big heavy cool watch--you didn't sell it, right, right? Tell me you didn't!"
Dad: "Uhhhhhh..."

;-)

·
Banned
133 Posts
Dad: "Well, it was a good day. Got rid of a lot of crap, including a bunch of watches you never wear anymore."
Son: "Um, what? You SOLD SOME OF MY WATCHES? Not the G-Shocks, please don't tell me you did."
Dad: "You weren't wearing them any longer. I got a good price too. $45 a piece for old digital watches. Nobody wears digital anymore."
Son: "Oh no... You didn't sell my Brazilian Camo Frogman, right? I mean that's a big heavy cool watch--you didn't sell it, right, right? Tell me you didn't!"
Dad: "Uhhhhhh..."
;-)
38 seconds later .....
911 Operator: "911 Whats your emergency sir?"
Son: "I just shot my dad! Am I going to Jail?

Reactions: g17

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
awesome deal. please post pic when its back to life :)
Now mind you i tried to clean it up but the camo paint job or whatever they used started to flake off really easily so i figured what the hell i might as well dye the band and bez being that i will be trying my hardest to track down a set, and as you can see the watch powered up with no problem.

holy what the crap?! you got a Brazilian Addict for 45 bucks??!!

i'll give you $90 for it :)
yup sure did, i also had a couple of PM's from members not believing me so here is the add G shocks G shock now if you look at the second pic you will see what i saw ;)
$45 @@!? Now I can't adjust myself paying $450 for one.
But im sure when i find the Band and Bez it will be close to that lol.
And being that we are on the whole craigslist thing, i picked up something else tonight, not as crazy as my last find but still a good find at an AMAZING price.

·
Registered
349 Posts
That is a crazy find man . . . . well done!

I paid wayyyyyyy more than that to get mine. Although mine's in slightly better condition you almost make me feel bad paying what I did for mine lol.

The dye job looks really cool although I probably would have waited until you had a spare band and bezel but really who cares it still looks cool and the best part is you have a kick ass story to tell about the watch ;)

Andy

mine says hi

DSC_1450.jpg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts