WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So upon becoming a watch enthusiast I find myself getting rather picky. I love so many watches and watch brands yet I'm still always saying "I love it, but......
[A great example would be almost any Rolex. "I love them, but that Mickey Mouse looking minute hand always throws me". Let's hear your best "I love it, but..... (I can't be the only one who does this) Pics would be nice.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I feel that way about a lot of watches. Examples that come to mind, the Longines legend diver, but I hate the long lugs. Almost every diver, I don't mind the dials, but the "standard" diver bezel is hideous to me. I'm sure there are other examples but that's what I got for now.

·
Premium Member
40,688 Posts
Any watch that removes the 3 from the dial for a date window and leaves the 6, 9, & 12 on (or all the other numbers but the 3). Any watch with a cyclops.
So you would love every single watch with a cyclops if the cyclops wasn't there?

Random watch with cyclops image added as example:

·
Registered
15,486 Posts
sbgx061_a_grande.jpeg
I love it but +/- 10 seconds a year is silly when I have to do Daylight Savings and Standard time
What's the point of a calendar that I'd have to keep adjusting every other month?

·
Registered
15,486 Posts
I really like Tudor but as of right now, I still can't decide between the BlackBay Black, BB36, North Flag and Pelagos. The Ranger is a very close second. I like the heritage Chrono too.

Reactions: aaroniusl

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
View attachment 8262929
I love it but +/- 10 seconds a year is silly when I have to do Daylight Savings and Standard time
What's the point of a calendar that I'd have to keep adjusting every other month?
Good point. I'm an admitted GS Homer, and I'd like to see an Annual Calendar.

They could probably pull off a perpetual calendar if they wanted.

-MLJinAK.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm with the op. I just can't get my head around the mercedes hour hand on rolex's. Then I find the explorer, which i love, and it has no date. So many other watches I find often have one little thing that puts me off buying them.

·
Registered
12,449 Posts
There are many Watches that I feel are very nice.

However, the vast majority of them have a Date feature, which is an automatic put-off for me.

·
Registered
293 Posts
To me the Tudor Pelagos is almost perfect, just wish there were no crown guards and a bigger crown, like the Black Bay.
But I can live with it.

·
Registered
8,154 Posts
For me to biggest "but"s are: too expensive and too big.
I love Lange Datograph, but it's too expensive for me
I love Lange Zeitwerk, but it's too big for me
:)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Love panerai for the look but most are too big for me.
Love GS for the fit & finishing but mostly too thick for my liking.
Omega Seamaster 300 master coaxial - would be perfect if the lume are brighter (much brighter)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Any watch that removes the 3 from the dial for a date window and leaves the 6, 9, & 12 on (or all the other numbers but the 3). Any watch with a cyclops.
^^

Comletely agree on the 3, 6, 9.
There's quite a few Ball watches out there that I love the look of - especially the Engineer 2 Genesis - but I can't get past how it looks lopsided, especially in the dark, with such big numerals.

How hard would it have been to make that 3 o'clock indice into an actual 3, with the rest of the number going above and below the date?

image.jpg

1 - 20 of 67 Posts