WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Frogman is dramatic on the wrist, but its G-shock DNA makes it a quiet and unassuming tenant. It demands attention without intrusion, and it conveys quality without being snotty. And through a busy and sometimes trying day it gives me something to glance at and for a moment time slows down. I find myself grateful for this G-Shock's ability to transport me back to leisure activities in the great outdoors, the mountains, the lake, and the pool-side barbecues with good friends and great wine and jeans and t-shirts.

I love my G-Shock! How about you and yours?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Wow your one sounds great! You have a great human-Casio relationshp going on. You can do so many great things, I never even imagined!

Mine is just a black Casio digital quartz watch and it tells me the time... (zzz)

Na I'm joking I like it muchos muchas. It looks cool and it's metal and says "G-Shock" and "Protection" on the front in big white writing :-!!!!

·
Banned
5,850 Posts
I love that my $30 DW6900 gets compliments from strangers every time I wear it, but the $300 watches never even get a second glance.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
The Frogman is dramatic on the wrist, but its G-shock DNA makes it a quiet and unassuming tenant. It demands attention without intrusion, and it conveys quality without being snotty. And through a busy and sometimes trying day it gives me something to glance at and for a moment time slows down. I find myself grateful for this G-Shock's ability to transport me back to leisure activities in the great outdoors, the mountains, the lake, and the pool-side barbecues with good friends and great wine and jeans and t-shirts.

I love my G-Shock! How about you and yours?
I couldn't agree with you more, I am at work this morning until 12, it's Saturday and I would much rather be somewhere else, Camping, ATV'ing, or fishing, so I purposely latched on one of my Frogs this morning for all of the above you mentioned.|>

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
G Shocks are great as one can wear them without a second thought of something happening to it. I have had some nice watches that I put through heck and they paid a huge price as they got knocked up pretty good. I did enjoy wearing them.
Also, as mine is solar/atomic no worries with battery or timekeeping.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I do love my Gs. They are my go to watch now a days for all occasions except work.
And I will be the yang to your ying.....

I wear mine ONLY for work (and the gym).
After wearing a Mudman for work, I am happy
to put on something else at the end of the day.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am leafing through the Tourneau watch catalog (sent in the mail periodically), looking at watches by Hamilton, Tissot, U-Boat, Planpain, IWC, etc., but I keep saying to myself "but it ain't a Frogman," while looking down at my wrist.

Don't get me wrong, the IWC is an extremely nice watch in its own category (as with the others), but... alas, it ain't a G-Shock! ;-)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts