WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

I love Tag...but

792 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  E92M3 
#1 ·
#2 ·
It's an extenstion of the Merediist product which has been hammered to death all over watch forums. Just another opportunity for TAG haters to rip on the brand in my opinion.

If it turns you off that much and if you are such a watch manufacture purist, then don't consider a TAG watch. But, you'll be missing some cool watch designs they offer now and in the future.

#3 ·
It's an extenstion of the Merediist product which has been hammered to death all over watch forums. Just another opportunity for TAG haters to rip on the brand in my opinion.

If it turns you off that much and if you are such a watch manufacture purist, then don't consider a TAG watch. But, you'll be missing some cool watch designs they offer now and in the future.
I own a Tag and am pretty familiar with their line-up. I'm definitely not at risk of missing any of their cool designs. That being said, to charge thousands of dollars for a sourced cell phone or bluetooth, gives the brand a bad reputation in my opinion.

#4 ·
Respectfully, if you feel so strongly that it gives TAG such a bad reputation then why would you want to be associated with TAG by wearing their watches?

I think you are overreacting to a product that 99.9% of the public will never know of.

If I have I great watch strapped on my wrist, I could care less if the maker also makes an expensive cell phone that hardly anyones knows exists.

I think it's just silly that this bothers you.

#5 ·
It's like that cracked-out cell phone Ulysse Nardin released. Yeesh... pretty stupid. But I don't hold it against them. It's like Burger King releasing "glass" Star Trek commerorative glasses. I'm sure there are people that hated the movie but I doubt they hold it against their food which is what Burger King "is".

#6 ·
I think its a little silly that they are delving into the mobile phone industry. However, I don't think this is necessarily out of line with the goals a luxury watch brand. On the contrary I think it is a natural evolution for a high end watch company to attempt to create a "lifestyle" around their brand. So, like Ulysse Nardin's phone TAG is trying to cater to a group of people who's lifestyle revolves around international business and travel. This seems to fit right in with our ideas of luxury lifestyle these days. I think another example of a company that has taken this sort of ideal and created a lifestyle around their brand is Ralph Lauren (particularly the Polo division) and they have done it extraordinarily successfully.

Bottom line is that TAG still makes great watches and as long as them also having phones, sunglasses or whatever may come in the future, does not affect their brilliance in watch design I am a happy customer of their brand.

#8 ·
LVMH, TAG in particular, made that business decision to sell other products aside from watches. If they think that it is a sound business undertaking so be it. Companies need to diversify to maximize their profit or to just stay afloat. It is called capitalism and I fully embraced it. But I don't need to support or even to patronize their new product. It will be up to the consumers to dictate if they made the right decision. Currently, I still prefer the iPhone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.