21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Reactions: jmariorebelo

·
Registered
39 Posts
For a micro brand alternative, been tempted by these but havent yet pulled the trigger. Only heard rave reviews though.

Watch Analog watch Clock Font Watch accessory

·
Registered
412 Posts
Although the watch is $9250 USD if you compare to other chronographs, the all steel Rolex Daytona $13150. The steel Speedmaster with Saphire crystal and caseback is $7150. IWC portugieser Chronograph $7950. I don't know how much the platinum bezel and ice blue dial is worth to a person, but the basic Chronomat B01 is a very nice watch and that has a price for the full steel watch and bracelet of $8250. To me, it may be priced to fit the watch somewhere under the Daytona and above a steel Speedmaster. I am not seeing advertised discounts on the watch at this time, so if you want it and want to pay less for it, may have to wait until pre owned watches that have been worn, hit the market.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I’m not seeing how a Chronomat is trying to copy a Daytona, other than being a blue dial chronograph.
It is a “cheap” Platinum Daytona copy in that colorway and having platinum (in the bezel just in this dial colour), but has an outdated look.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
It is a “cheap” Platinum Daytona copy in that colorway and having platinum (in the bezel just in this dial colour), but has an outdated look.
The rolex fandom here is a disease. Rolex just started actually making chronographs, up until recently they bought movements and cased them.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
So company A makes a watch in the same color and/or material as company B, it's considered a cheap copy?
The Chronomat case, bezel, hands, markers, and even sub-dials look nothing like those on a Daytona.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Um why do you think that?
I’m not seeing how a Chronomat is trying to copy a Daytona, other than being a blue dial chronograph.
Breitling has been making chronographs a lot longer than rolex has.
Relax everyone, no Rolex fanboy here (I do like them, however). I wasn't referencing the Breitling. I was referencing the Parnis in post #4, that is obviously a direct copy of the Cosmograph Daytona. Probably others in this thread are as well because I see no similarity to the Breitling. That obviously wasn't too clear from my post. Please carry on.

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts

There was an ice blue dial Breitling chronograph with three dark subdials in the early 1970s, so one could say the others are just a copy of the Breitling.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts